PDA

View Full Version : Stupid me

AJP
02-14-2012, 09:55 PM
A few days ago I decide it would be a good idea to wash a pillow with some sheets in my 5mo old front loading washing machine. Pillow exploded and all kinds of poly fill was puked up into my machine :(. I has to herp vacuuming out with the shop vac and had to run a few empty loads to get the fill into the drum from the depths of the machine. Ive either clogged the hose or worse the drain pump!
Service was going to come out in Thursday and they need a copy of my sales receipt to service under warranty. I can not find the receipt for the life of me. I have every other piece of info from the washer but the receipt and delivery slip. I have looked in every file, drawer, purse and shelf. I know I had it in the kitchen for a while and did a mass sorting/shredding/filing in October and December. I have every stinking target receipt and everything from Christmas except for the one I need!
Pray that Lowes will give me a copy of something tomorrow please!!!!! I need to wash laundry!!

crl
02-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Oh no! Did you pay by credit card? Will they take a credit card statement showing the payment?

Good luck!
Catherine

momm
02-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Lowes is wonderful that way. Just give them the approx date of purchase and last name and they will print it out for you no probs at all. Frompersonal experience.
GL!!

AJP
02-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Thank you. I just got back from lowes where the best they could do was print a copy of the order. It doesn't show "paid" (but I have a copy of the check) and only shows est. delivery date and not date of order. Appliance repair co said this should be ok, but lowes guy asked why I called Electrolux directly for authorized repair instead of them. I didnt think it should matter if I went through company direct as opposed to retailer. All of my other appliances were purchased by my builder and I was always told by him to contact the manufacturer directly for authorized repairs under or out of warranty. Lowes guy tried to tell me I needed a trail showing I went through them and repair co said they would have just been sent out by lowes anyways. I didn't bother telling him I messed up the washer myself and am 95% sure it isn't some manufacturer defect. At this point I need it fixed like yesterday!