PDA

View Full Version : Clothing question for April/May moms

MSWR0319
02-15-2012, 10:30 AM
If you live in a climate with obvious seasons, what are you getting for DC to wear when they are born? DS2 will be born in what should be late spring, but will soon be hot. I was thinking about getting some pant/onesie sets and then some shorts/rompers for June and on. Our winter has been very mild so I guess I'm assuming it will continue. Do you think I need to get some long sleeved things as well? DS1 was born in winter so I have nothing from him that will work at this stage. I wanted to have a few things ready so I didn't that's to go shopping right away.

BDKmom
02-15-2012, 10:42 AM
I would just do a few sleep n plays for right at first, and some onsies with pants. You can always wrap baby in a receiving blanket if it's a little chilly. Thankfully, my DD is due the end of May, and we are in the south, so I'm getting lots of onsies and rompers and cute dresses. But I have gotten a couple of sleepers and some pants for stuff like dr visits where I don't have control over the AC temp.

BabyBearsMom
02-15-2012, 10:47 AM
DD1 was born in April and DD2 will be born in April. We live in the mid-Atlantic region so we have obvious seasons. When DD1 was born, she wore cotton sleep and plays almost exclusively for the first month. Then in mid-May it got much warmer and she would wear short sleeved onesies with cotton pants and socks. In the summer, she wore onesies that had either a little skirt or little shorts attached (I could never bring myself to take her out in just a onesie).

It is such a great time of year to have a baby. The weather is nice so you can do lots of walks but it isn't so warm that you or baby are sweltering.

daisymommy
02-15-2012, 03:05 PM
DD1 was born in April and DD2 will be born in April. We live in the mid-Atlantic region so we have obvious seasons. When DD1 was born, she wore cotton sleep and plays almost exclusively for the first month. Then in mid-May it got much warmer and she would wear short sleeved onesies with cotton pants and socks. In the summer, she wore onesies that had either a little skirt or little shorts attached (I could never bring myself to take her out in just a onesie).

It is such a great time of year to have a baby. The weather is nice so you can do lots of walks but it isn't so warm that you or baby are sweltering.

:yeahthat: to all of the above! Great advice!

This DD will be born in May, so I'm counting on a month of footed sleepers and gowns, because I tend to stay inside for awhile adjusting and recuperating, and babies don't regulate their temp. well at first. They always need to be a bit warmer than you and I. Then I'll move on to Summery rompers & dresses when I know I'll be taking her along for errands and being outside.

MSWR0319
02-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the advice! I wasn't sure exactly what to get and this helped a lot.

sntm
02-15-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm no help because it stays cool and rainy until the end of June here. So, the majority of my 0-3 month stuff is footed and long sleeved!

mctlaw
02-15-2012, 10:30 PM
I echo PP, we have lots on sleepers/gowns for first few weeks, but after that expect to use mostly onesies or one piece rompers...and I have no qualms about toting around my little DS in "just" a onesie, but it will be very hot and humid here from June-September.

AnnieW625
02-17-2012, 01:35 PM
We live in Southern California and my girls lived in sleep n plays and long sleeve onesies and leggings or sweatpants till around late June when it finally started to get hot, and then they lived in onesies or rompers from Carters. I was soo surprised when I had DD1 in early April and I couldn't find long sleeve onesies in any size. So if you see them on sale now get them now.

DD1 hated sleeping gowns so I never tried them with DD2.