PDA

View Full Version : Roundabout on airplane?

crl
02-17-2012, 12:40 AM
We are planning to travel with dd in a couple of months. (With ds too, of course, but he's eight so no carseat for him on the plane and we have a bubblebum for the rental car).

We have a roundabout and a radian. I'd rather take the roundabout because it seems lighter and easier to install RFing in cars. Anyone have experience with the Roundabout and air travel? Any reason we shouldn't take it?

Thanks!
Catherine

theriviera
02-17-2012, 12:48 AM
I've travelled with it. It's a bit heavy but it was fine. The only watch out is that the airplane buckle gets stuck in the back. If you use a seatbelt extender though you shouldn't have that problem.

citymama
02-17-2012, 02:20 AM
I've travelled with the older Roundabout - and Marathon too, for that matter, and they both fit fine in airplanes, forward facing, at the window seat. We use our GogoKidz travelmate with either (but our old GGK won't work with the newer MA70).

TwoBees
02-17-2012, 09:50 AM
We travelled with a RA55 this past summer, installed RFing on the airplane. The only problem we had was on the way home, the airplane seatbelts were padded (brand new plane), and I had to work to get it into the belt path. I couldn't close the lock-offs, but I didn't see that as an issue for the plane because the seatbelts do not automatically extend or retract.

vonfirmath
02-17-2012, 10:28 AM
We are planning to travel with dd in a couple of months. (With ds too, of course, but he's eight so no carseat for him on the plane and we have a bubblebum for the rental car).

We have a roundabout and a radian. I'd rather take the roundabout because it seems lighter and easier to install RFing in cars. Anyone have experience with the Roundabout and air travel? Any reason we shouldn't take it?

I have travelled with the Roundabout50 and it works fine. A little awkward carrying getting on the plane itself. But I transported it through the airport bungie-corded to a stroller and that was easy. And I LOVED having it on the other end because of the ease of install.

crl
02-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Okay, thanks! We will take the roundabout and ask for a seat belt extender.

Catherine

AnnieW625
02-17-2012, 12:11 PM
The Roundabout works just fine. We were on Jet Blue and I didn't need a seat belt extender on the plane.

I will say that we did FF DD2 on our recent trip because it was just easier than trying to get the right angle in our Nissan Altima rental car as we would have needed a couple of pool noodles or some towels so for one weekend we figured it was easier to just FF her.

crl
02-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Thanks! We will definitely forward face on the plane. I guess if we can't get a good install, we'll consider forward facing in the car too. I'm not sure I want her to get the idea that she CAN forward face though. :ROTFLMAO:

We are planning to get a pretty bjg four wheel drive for our rental, although we may change our minds when we see the prices!

Catherine

connor_mommy
02-17-2012, 03:09 PM
There's also a trick to help making the release of the buckle easier. It's been a long while since we've travelled with our RA. I think the trick was to twist the belt so the front of the buckle was facing the plane seat back.

peanut520
02-17-2012, 03:47 PM
travelled with RA, coccoro, and scerena and they were all fine but we did have a gogo kidz.