PDA

View Full Version : cybex Aton in Lipstick - for a boy??

Hemlock
02-19-2012, 03:10 PM
It is difficult to tell from the photos and the Aton is not sold near here, so is Aton in Lipstick pinkish? It seems like most of the seat is red, but it is difficult to judge the accent color on the sides. I'm not sure of the gender of our baby, so I want to stick to something that would be suitable for boy/girl.

Thanks

teo
02-19-2012, 04:41 PM
I thought the most true-to-life colors of the images online were in the photos on Regal Lager's Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/regallager/sets/72157626442136718/

It's basically red and maroon. I think everything but the purple is pretty gender neutral, FWIW.

amldaley
02-19-2012, 09:26 PM
I think it looks true red. FWIW, I did NOT get the lipstick one b/c I wanted something more feminine for DD2! I think it would be fine for a boy!!!

legaleagle
02-20-2012, 01:22 AM
Definitely fine for a boy - I've seen it IRL and it's gorgeous.

mom2binsd
02-20-2012, 03:26 AM
Legaleagle- did you think the shoulder cover straps were super long, like they would push the chest clip down too low on an infant, looking at the pic it's hard to tell and I thought I heard someone say that was one concern they had for it...it does look super cute though!

legaleagle
02-20-2012, 11:20 AM
They are kind of huge, but cybex says you can thread them back into the slots to get the chest clip high enough. Personally, I hate all strap pads and always remove them. My kids must have skinny necks or something because in all of our seats (I have 6 different models), the straps are nowhere near their necks and they've never complained about any discomfort. I know there's a review on carseatblog.com that shows how it fits on a newbie with and without the pads.

teo
02-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Yeah, we have ours threaded through the slots like they suggest---I don't think the straps would fit a small baby without doing that. I still like having the covers, though, since our guy is in a chewing phase so he is constantly gumming the covers---it's good that they can be washed! We have them about halfway out for a 50th percentile in height four-month-old.