PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get a good deal on a Dyson?

DebbieJ
02-21-2012, 12:35 AM
We're looking at the DC24 Multifloor.

Is eBay the best option? If only we had needed a vacuum on Black Friday....LOL!

13 year old Kenmore canister bit the dust. Technically it still works--the hose cracked open, but the motor is fine. Suppose we could duct tape it to make due for now. LOL!

cono0507
02-21-2012, 12:40 AM
I bought my Dyson 3 or 4 years ago - I got a refurbished one through amazon for a big discount and it has worked perfectly. Don't know if they still sell refurbished ones on amazon but as I recall it was at least $100 off the typical price.

keckert
02-21-2012, 08:18 AM
I would be hesitant to buy off eBay in case anything goes wrong with it. I bought a refurb off of Woot and had some issues with it and ultimately had to return it and pay $30 shipping out of pocket. I just bought a new one from Home Depot.

You actually just missed some amazing prices from HD. Put an alert out on Slickdeals.

alexsmommy
02-21-2012, 08:25 AM
Refurb.
I have a refurb from Woot from two years ago. Love.
My parents were so impressed they kept asking me to drag mine over to their house and to look for a good deal. One Saturday a kind mama here posted Woot had them again and my parents snagged one. They keep sayiing they cannot believe what that thing picks up - and were shocked at how much their oldler Hoover was missing.
I'd look for a refurb with an ability to return it. Sucks that it sounds like you need one immediately.

MamaMolly
02-21-2012, 08:59 AM
We used points earned on our credit card so essentially it was free. :banana: Maybe you guys have a program like that?

nfowife
02-21-2012, 09:32 AM
We've had our refurb dc07 for almost 7 years now and still going strong!

smiles33
02-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Costco sells them and I bought my Animal one (with the purple ball, am forgetting the name) for around $360 (about $80 off regular Costco price).

DebbieJ
02-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Costco sells them and I bought my Animal one (with the purple ball, am forgetting the name) for around $360 (about $80 off regular Costco price).

DH went last night. Our Costco only has the canister right now. :(

AnnieW625
02-21-2012, 02:04 PM
I bought mine at Costco, it is a DC 14 All Floors Kit and I bought it for $450 and it included extra tools. They have some good deals on refurb. models through Dyson.com. We have not had any issues with ours so I don't think I would hesitate to buy a refurbed model.

Indianamom2
02-21-2012, 02:18 PM
If you have a Kohl's card, sometimes you can catch a sale plus one of their 30% coupons and get a pretty good deal. If I remember correctly, that's how we got ours (just the basic yellow model).

You might also check Overstock for a new or refurbed model.

AngB
02-21-2012, 02:32 PM
We got ours several years ago from Sears with a $100 giftcard. Ours has held up so well between a husky and german shepherd that I probably would go for a refurb.

Also, just FYI, all of the actual vacuum motors are the same (or at least they were before the ball came out), the difference is the attachments. I personally don't think the "Animal" is worth paying $100 more for a dog hair attachment- I hardly ever use the regular attachments that I have as it is, (it's a lot faster and easier to run a lint roller over our furniture, IMO), though if you think you'd use the attachments a lot it might be worth getting one of the more expensive models.

drako
02-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Take your vacuum to a vacuum repair shop! We have a great one that just tuned up and made a few repairs on our dyson. It works so much better now but we also bought a brand new electrolux canister...I am now in vacuum heaven! Anyway, it's worth a shot to have it looked at and may have some life in it yet!

DebbieJ
02-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Take your vacuum to a vacuum repair shop! We have a great one that just tuned up and made a few repairs on our dyson. It works so much better now but we also bought a brand new electrolux canister...I am now in vacuum heaven! Anyway, it's worth a shot to have it looked at and may have some life in it yet!

Good idea, but the hose cracking was kind of the last straw for this puppy. We've lost the wheels and had other issues with it. So it's time for it to go.

DebbieJ
02-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Dang, should have bought from Kohl's the other day. Ebates was offering 6%. Just found a 30% off code today, which would have brought it down to $387. Most on eBay are going for close to that when you factor in shipping. D'oh!

3isEnough
02-21-2012, 05:40 PM
The SD crowd was going crazy for a DC24 going for $250ish yesterday at home depot. Try checking SD by doing a search for dyson.

DebbieJ
02-21-2012, 06:40 PM
The SD crowd was going crazy for a DC24 going for $250ish yesterday at home depot. Try checking SD by doing a search for dyson.

Yes, and thanks to SD, HD is totally sold out.