PDA

View Full Version : quick question- salsa chicken in crock pot

drako
02-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Sorry to post here but I need a quick response.

I don't have a lot of time to cook it on low...plus I've read online that boneless chicken breasts cooked in the crock pot dry out. So do I cook it on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 4-5 hours?? I'm prepping it now and would like to have it done in no more than 5 hours...just don't know if I should do it on low or high.

Thanks!

R2sweetboys
02-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Are they thawed out? I think 5 hours on low should be plenty. I'd check them after a few hours to see if you need to go that long. I usually make it with frozen breasts and cook on low for about 6-7 hours. With all the moisture from the salsa, beans, and corn, the chicken never dries out. Just an FYI, when we make this recipe, we add a block of cream cheese in the last half hour.(part of the recipe I received) I haven't seen that part of the recipe listed on posts here but it makes it nice and creamy and really brings it together nicely.(though it doesn't look pretty-kind of like dog food!:p) Yummy, I think I'll make this soon!

drako
02-21-2012, 02:15 PM
Thank you! They are thawed out and yes, I have a block of cream cheese to add at the end. I found the recipe here!

daisysmom
02-21-2012, 02:26 PM
I start with frozen and do low for 10. That doesn't help you, butjust as a reference point.