PDA

View Full Version : So sad, the end of a friendship

firstbaby
02-21-2012, 03:07 PM
I've been close friends with someone for almost 14 years. We've celebrated so many things in each other's lives and supported each other through sad times. The short story is this friend recently took something on that puts us at odds with each other. I've tried to take it in stride and support her - both through my actions and my words. But, she's become so cold and distant - and dishonest. I know I can't control her, her actions or her feelings towards me or our friendship, but it hurts me more knowing I'm the only one mourning this relationship. I just had to put this somewhere.

niccig
02-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Sorry to hear this. I've been on the receiving end of this, and also on then end where I've become distant from friends for a number of reasons.

I remember the saying "friends for a reason, a season or a lifetime". I have friends I can put into different categories. Often the reason we drift apart is because our lives are going in different directions/in different places in our lives and the old connections can't survive that.

liz
02-21-2012, 05:54 PM
:hug: having a friendship fade away is so painful. I am sorry.

hellokitty
02-21-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm sorry, it's hard to go through this. I've been on both ends of the situation before and it's never easy. :hug:

crl
02-21-2012, 06:07 PM
:grouphug:

Catherine