PDA

View Full Version : bucket to convertible or toddler in convertible to ?

ryanmom
02-21-2012, 03:52 PM
My little guy is huge (he was 20 pounds, 27 inches at his 6 month appt) and is no longer comfortable in the bucket. My daughter (2 years old but of different proportions-- she was 20 pounds at her 1 year appt) is in the britax marathon 70 (we have two-- one for each car because of drop off and pick up). I recently bought a marathon for one of the cars for the little guy. I'm hoping to do something different with the fourth (uggh) carseat. We have a honda minivan and a subaru outback. Any suggestions for other seats? My requirements are: 1) easy to install, 2) either the same cost or less expensive that than the britax marathon, and 3) I'd be interested in getting whatever is the next step for my toddler (she's facing forwards now... I know it is safer for her to be rearfacing but my husband changed one of her seats to front facing (we had a ford focus and he claimed he couldn't fit it in the car rearfacing which led to a massive meltdown every time I tried to put her in the outback rearfacing... and the leverage that she could get from pushing off the backseat made strapping her in impossible). Many, many thanks in advance for your help!

Joolsplus2
02-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Britax Frontier is a super nice seat. Graco Nautilus is also good, but it would probably fit HER better than it would fit HIM, and you might as well just spend the money once on a seat you can use for many years harnessed, for both kids in succession.