PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to clean your hardwood floors?

*newmomma*
02-21-2012, 03:59 PM
We recently moved into a new house with very dark hardwood floors on the whole first floor. I regularly swiffer for the dustbunnies, but what do you all use to clean your hardwoods? A mop? Wet swiffer? One of those Shark steam mops?
Thanks!!

Giantbear
02-21-2012, 04:02 PM
i use a regular wet swiffer during the week if necessary and once a week use the BONA products for a seal and a shine.

TwinFoxes
02-21-2012, 04:04 PM
Bona floor cleaner. I love it!

I vacuum it with our Electrolux Ergorapido. I love that too.

zukeypur
02-21-2012, 04:11 PM
I use bruce hardwood cleaner since our floors are by Armstrong, and the Ergorapido all.the.time.

vludmilla
02-21-2012, 04:15 PM
We only use Bona.

legaleagle
02-21-2012, 05:03 PM
Microfiber mop with water + vinegar + tiny bit of dish soap. Works great, no residue and dirt cheap!

AngelaS
02-21-2012, 10:14 PM
We vacuum daily due to the big hairy dog. I have a microfiber mop that I damp mop with using Shaw hardwood floor cleaner.

I was specifically told not to use vinegar on my hardwood. They said it was bad for the finish.

lizzywednesday
02-22-2012, 09:58 AM
We have bamboo laminate.

When I do a deep-clean, it's Swiffer, vacuum & mop with Murphy's Oil Soap (from the bottle not the spray - the spray will make the floor greasy & slick; the bottle works differently.)

I've also used Method's "Wood for Good" floor formula with a microfiber pad or a steam mop (we have one that's Shark brand) with distilled water with decent results.

KLD313
02-22-2012, 11:56 AM
I use Method Cleaner with a microfiber pad and my cleaning lady uses water and Dawn with a towel tied around a squeegee thing.

ETA: not Dawn, Downy Fabric Softener.

zag95
02-22-2012, 04:49 PM
I use vinegar and water and do by hand (elbow grease as we have pitch from doug firs that our little cocker tracks in on her paws!). I was told that was the way to clean my floors by both the company and installers.

Our floors are prefinished solid oak HWs.... not sure if that makes a difference.

twowhat?
02-22-2012, 06:23 PM
We buy Babyganics Floors to Adore and our housekeeper really loves it. We use just half the recommended amount per gallon of water.