PDA

View Full Version : My hair stylist LEFT!!!!

elizabethkott
02-21-2012, 06:08 PM
GAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!
What the heck am I supposed to DO?!?!
I just called to try and make an appointment for this week b/c I'm off from school and in desparate need of highlights and a cut and she's GONE! And of course they're not going to tell me where she went...
This is like a tragedy. I have major, MAJOR issues with getting my hair cut to begin with. It took me forever to find someone I liked and built up some trust with to the point where I knew that I would be happy with what she did ALWAYS. And the price was good - really, really good - which for the LI area is really hard to come by!! And I really liked the way she did my color, too...
Now I have to begin AGAIN!!! I'm seriously breaking out in a cold sweat right now.
WHY OH WHY DID ANNE HAVE TO LEAVE?!?!?!?!?!

twowhat?
02-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Oh no!!! SOOOO sorry!!! :(

I didn't realize this until recently but it makes sense now...salons prohibit their employees to give out contact info so customers won't follow them when they leave. How rotten is that? So PSA to those who love their stylists...surreptitiously slip them YOUR card and ask them to please please contact you if they ever leave the salon so that you can follow them out!

I hope you find another stylist soon that you are just as comfortable with.

eta: do you know her last name??? Seach FB for her...

elektra
02-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Hopefully she just hasn't gotten around to contacting her clients yet! Hopefully she is still in your area. I can't imagine she would start somewhere new and not reach out to her clientele.
Every hair person I have ever known though (including two good friends of mine- love them!), seems a bit drama prone so I guess you can't really bank on her reaching out but I will cross my fingers for you!

SnuggleBuggles
02-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Do you have any mutual friends that went to her? That's how I tracked my guy down when he left!

hellokitty
02-21-2012, 06:47 PM
I hope she calls you. The same thing happened to us a few yrs ago (but it was worse, since the stylist did my hair, DH's AND my 3 kids), and I thought, crap, now what? I have simple hair, but ppl who don't know how to cut asian hair always f it up. Anyway, she ended up calling us, whew! We were so relieved. She changed salons a few more times and now the one she is at is set up where the stylists schedule their own clients. So, I have her cell phone # :) I really hope she gets in contact with you, it's hard building up a loyal following, so I'd imagine she would have tried to get your contact info before leaving.

alexsmommy
02-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Call around looking for her. Crazy sounding, yes, but I'm always surprised how often people can track down a stylist. Most leave for slightly more pay so keep that in mind and see if anyone knows her.
Like a pp said, PSA for others if you love your stylist make sure he/she has your info in case they leave. Most of mine have tried to quietly hint if they were leaving but they aren't allowed to say or openly take clients.
Thank goodness after similar situations you are in now, I finally have a stylist who owns her own small salon that I love.

Totally, totally get your pain.

ETA ... and google her - found one of mine through google. She left her old salon under bad terms so she asked her new salon to add her to their website immediately. I googled herr nme and our town and she popped up for a salon to towns over.

crl
02-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Try yelp. Sometimes people write reviews following stylists around. You might find her in a review.

Good luck!
Catherine

DrSally
02-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Start asking around. Sometimes salons don't let departing stylists tell clientsnwhere they're going, but there are ways to find out. I've known women who have tracked their former stylists down. Do you have her full name?

larig
02-21-2012, 10:20 PM
I'd try FB, yelp and google. I know how hard it is to even think about having someone new do your hair. Ugh. Good luck!!!

123LuckyMom
02-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Try calling different salons in your area to see if she's now working for them. This happened to me, and I couldn't find my colorist. She had moved to a salon nearly an hour away, so calling locally didn't help me. One day I happened to be in that distant town. I saw her walking in a parking lot, and I screeched into the lot off the street like I was a stalker or something!!! That day she gave me her home number, and I gave her mine. If you do find her again, (and I bet you will) definitely exchange contact information. Meanwhile, I'm really sorry. The situation sucks!!!

ellies mom
02-22-2012, 01:47 PM
I just found out this morning that my hairstylist changed salons. My heart sank but the very nice people at the old salon told me were she went. Which was a huge relief. The hours for the new salon aren't as convenient but instead of being across town, it is a mile away. Now I just have to wait 20 minutes for them to open so I can make a color appointment.

I almost lost her a few years back when the salon she was working at closed down all of a sudden in the middle of the day (apparently the owner wasn't paying the rent) but luckily the receptionist took the appointment book with her and a friend just happened to have an appointment scheduled so she was told her new location and she passed the info to me.

Anyhow, good luck hunting her down or good luck finding someone you like as much.

Melaine
02-22-2012, 02:08 PM
I also have abandonment issues after my favorite stylist left years ago. I feel your pain!

HIU8
02-22-2012, 02:22 PM
That sucks! I followed my hairdresser to 4 different shops (the last of which she actually owns). She has been my stylist for about 25 years. I do not know what I would do without her. I trust ONLY her. I really feel for you.

BabyBearsMom
02-22-2012, 02:58 PM
Have yuo tried googling her? Maybe you can track her down.

My stylist just told me that she is applying for nursing schools so I feel your pain.

ellies mom
02-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Have yuo tried googling her? Maybe you can track her down.

My stylist just told me that she is applying for nursing schools so I feel your pain.

One of the girls I went to nursing school with had been a hair stylist. She still did hair occasionally from her house as a way to make a bit of extra money. So definitely ask if she is considering that.

Tinochka
02-22-2012, 03:28 PM
I totally can understand you. I can’t find a hairdresser, which can feel me and my hear. Last time I decided to change drastically, tried a different stylist... and I liked it, got lots of compliments. Then went to the SAME lady just to cut it back and she did a HORRIBLE job. I can’t even look into the mirror (I have some idea about cuts, because I am cutting my sons hair).
I think I am going to stop ladies with a hair cut I liked and ask them for their hair stylist recommendation. LOL.
P.S. I am not very picky, not very criticizing, but a nice hair style for me is when your hair is growing it still holds a style, doesn’t look like smb used a scissors for a sheep;(.
Good luck trying to find her!

Tondi G
02-22-2012, 07:46 PM
If you know her full name you could try to find her on Facebook!

kijip
02-23-2012, 12:50 AM
Tell Mrs. Jones and she will have to use the same person so she will find her for you.

elizabethkott
02-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Tell Mrs. Jones and she will have to use the same person so she will find her for you.

:ROTFLMAO:

Sadly, I don't know her last name. My mom told me that the whole salon is merging with another salon in town... with the exception of Anne. :( Apparently, she lives further out on the island and doesn't want to make the drive out anymore. I'm so sad.

MamaMolly
02-23-2012, 04:01 PM
CraigsList? Maybe one of the other stylists would be more forthcoming with information. You could go in for a shampoo and blowout and pester, pester, pester them for details!

mom2one
02-23-2012, 05:57 PM
CraigsList? Maybe one of the other stylists would be more forthcoming with information. You could go in for a shampoo and blowout and pester, pester, pester them for details!

that was my thought also. I would call and ask the receptionist to see if you can get her last name. Tell her you have girl scout cookies to give to her!

Keep us posted!

And by the way, I totally feel your pain. We keep moving to new states, I hate finding a new hair person.