PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for bridal shower venue in SF Bay area

ett
02-22-2012, 12:48 AM
This is a question from my sister.

Does anyone have suggestions for a good venue for a bridal shower in the South Bay part of the San Francisco Bay area? We’re looking for somewhere to do nice lunch or afternoon tea, and ideally, we’d like a space that could also be suitable for doing some bridal shower games/activities and opening presents, etc. Somewhere with a private room would be fantastic, but not completely necessary as long as there’s some space that’s suitable for games/presents. We anticipate about 15 to 20 people in total. Any and all suggestions are much appreciated!

pinay
02-22-2012, 02:03 AM
I co-hosted a bridal shower for a friend at this place:
http://www.noesnest.com/
We stayed there since we came in from out of town, but I think the owner rents out her space for small events to non-guests as well. It was a lovely space and the food was good, I think parking might be a little bit of an issue but we had a rental car and didn't have any problems finding spots on the nearby streets. Not exactly the South Bay, but may still work for you.

kwc
02-22-2012, 03:05 AM
I'm in the Palo Alto area so I don't know much south of here...

Always popular is Lisa's Tea Treasures in Menlo Park (though they have Campbell and San Jose/ Santana Row locations) for afternoon tea... sweet and girly.

Less girly would be some of the local restaurants with private rooms...
-Mantra (Indian-fusion)... nice back room, a bit more hipster but I enjoyed the shower I went to here
-Left Bank Menlo Park has a nice upstairs room that might be good for a luncheon
-Zibbibo has a nice garden-y room up front that can be nicely configured
-MacArthur Park has some gorgeous spaces but the last time I was there service was so awful we never went back
-Caffe Riace has a really nice patio if it's warm out, some private dining rooms inside

Good luck!

ett
02-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the suggestions!