PDA

View Full Version : Preventative Mojo request

anonomom
02-22-2012, 10:18 PM
This is my first request for BBB mojo (though heaven knows I've asked for advice often enough!)

We had playgroup today, and one of my friends mentioned that she spent the weekend with a friend of hers who came down with Norovirus over the course of the weekend. At the time, my friend was fine, but now she just posted on FB that she's sick.

I don't blame her at all for coming to playgroup (she had no way of knowing if she'd caught the bug), but I'm still freaking out because she held DS. And DH is out of town until Friday. Of all the possible minor illnesses, I dread the stomach bug the most. I don't think I can handle it if I or the kids get it, especially with DH gone.

So please, please, send anti-bug vibes my way! Thanks!

jse107
02-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Anti-vomit thoughts coming your way! I hope you're all in the clear!!!

todzwife
02-22-2012, 10:55 PM
As long as she washed her hands you'll be fine!

♥ms.pacman♥
02-22-2012, 11:07 PM
sending mojo. i know how you feel. DS ended up sick (for the 3rd time) the week DH was gone for work. TONS of viruses were going around in our playgroup (strep, RSV, pneumonia..it was nuts) and since DS was sick for so long had to take a fevered DS to the doctor praying he would not puke in the car (DS tends to get nauseous when he gets a fever). luckily he did not puke at all that week, thankfully, and i just had to deal with a snotty, coughing DS. hope your DS does not get sick. i can only imagine how rough it is to deal with a tummy bug and the aftermath (clean up, night wakings etc) all by yourself.

mikala
02-22-2012, 11:32 PM
Mojo coming your way. You may want to stock up on clear liquids, crackers and make sure you have a nice stash of diapers just in case. FWIW the incubation period is 24-48 hours so it's entirely possible DH will be home before anything happens. And hopefully nothing will happen.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/gastro/norovirus-factsheet.htm

ETA: oh, yeah, also stock up on the disinfectant of your choice for doorknobs, etc. There's a reason this stuff spreads like wildfire on cruise ships.

Mopey
02-22-2012, 11:49 PM
no tummy bug mojo for you!!

Melbel
02-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Yikes - I would be concerned too! Sending healthy MOJO your way!

MamaMolly
02-23-2012, 02:37 PM
EEK!!! Sending healthy vibes your way!!!!!!

wimama
02-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Yuk, I hate the stomach bugs! Healthy mojo headed your way!

vludmilla
02-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Mojo for a healthy weekend!

anonomom
02-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Thanks, all! We're in the clear so far, but I don't think I'll feel "safe" until the weekend's up.