PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch "Up all night"?

momm
02-24-2012, 10:46 AM
The child is front facing and they are only just planning her first birthday party!!!

Augh! Who do I complain to about this??

wellyes
02-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Plus, the kid's parents are asses, so, she's screwed no matter what!

alootikki
02-24-2012, 11:33 AM
I think the show is very funny, but completely unrealistic. The parents never have the baby with them (anyone see the final scene a few episodes back, where the parents were throwing a football around at a park - where was baby Amy??) and when the baby IS around, she is always calm or smiling.

wellyes
02-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Also, Lily on Modern Family is too young to be in a booster seat. She needs a 5-point harness!

SnuggleBuggles
02-24-2012, 11:48 AM
I love that show.

I once wrote to A Baby Story about all the SIDs mistakes parents were making with crap in cribs. I said they should hand out info, not just film it. Never heard back.

BabbyO
02-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Didn't catch that one...we're a bit behind...but now I'm going to be looking out for it! :)

I remember reading interviews with both Christina Applegate and Will Arnett. They both commented on being (fairly) new parents and identifying with the characters they play. If you were a parent and you knew they were filming something like the carseat incorrectly, wouldn't you try to fix it??? Or is this a commentary on just how many people don't know the carseat should be RF?

SnuggleBuggles
02-24-2012, 12:31 PM
I wonder if the show has a Facebook page? If so, post the AAP rec there?

brittone2
02-24-2012, 01:23 PM
Also, Lily on Modern Family is too young to be in a booster seat. She needs a 5-point harness!

DH and I just noticed that one this week. She was in a booster with a seatbelt.

sntm
02-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Wasn't Lily in a 5-point harness in this week's episode, when they are driving to the American Girl-only-not store?

brittone2
02-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Wasn't Lily in a 5-point harness in this week's episode, when they are driving to the American Girl-only-not store?
The scene I watched last night (watched on Hulu a day late) had her in a booster with a regular belt. It went diagonally across her. It wasn't a 5 pt harness in the scene I'm thinking of.

momm
02-24-2012, 04:01 PM
I wonder if the show has a Facebook page? If so, post the AAP rec there?

hahaha! they do!!

https://www.facebook.com/NBCUpAllNight

I'm SO sorely tempted to drop a wall post :)

YouAreTheFocus
02-24-2012, 04:49 PM
The scene I watched last night (watched on Hulu a day late) had her in a booster with a regular belt. It went diagonally across her. It wasn't a 5 pt harness in the scene I'm thinking of.

:yeahthat: DH & I noticed that too!