PDA

View Full Version : Friday Fun #2: what the last spur of the moment thing you did?

AnnieW625
02-24-2012, 05:16 PM
I just booked an overnight stay in La Jolla for Saturday night because we decided that after spending two nights, and probably a 3rd tonight on a hide a bed (due to house painting/ceiling scraping and retexturizing*) that I wanted to sleep on a real bed and figured we should just go away for the weekend! The really reckless part is that I used Hotwire to do it! I paid $79 plus tax ($94 total) for a room at the Holiday Inn Express in downtown La Jolla! We will go to the zoo tomorrow and maybe again on Sunday. I even double checked the hotel site to make sure I got the best deal, and I did, saved at least $30 before taxes.

I can't wait!

*an FWIW: Benjamin Moore Aura still smells that little that I didn't want to sleep in my room last night, and they have to finish up today.

crl
02-24-2012, 05:22 PM
I took dd to the free (for members) drop in music class that our Y offers yesterday for the first time. Does that count?

Have fun on your remodeling inspired staycation!

Catherine

Ms B
02-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Got on a flight 16 hours after we got the call that we had been selected for DS's placement -- with literally no notice before then. Flew to get him, even as Hurricane Irene was cancelling flights all over the country. Got there in time for his release from the hospital.

And now, with a six month old, I am too tired for spontaneity!! :ROTFLMAO:

edurnemk
02-24-2012, 06:19 PM
As I was driving home from the Dr's appointment and US where he told us it was a girl, I suddenly altered my course and stopped by a fancy baby boutique and bought a beautiful and expensive dress for DD. They only had it in size 12 months, so she's not even born and I already have her 1st birthday outfit :rotflmao:

TxCat
02-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Am writing this as I'm getting a pedicure. Got up at 4:45 for work this am, and sat in traffic for an hour coming home. The pedicure was my spur of the moment reward/detour. And I'm really glad I did it.

momm
02-24-2012, 06:57 PM
I just booked an overnight stay in La Jolla for Saturday night because we decided that after spending two nights, and probably a 3rd tonight on a hide a bed (due to house painting/ceiling scraping and retexturizing*) that I wanted to sleep on a real bed and figured we should just go away for the weekend! The really reckless part is that I used Hotwire to do it! I paid $79 plus tax ($94 total) for a room at the Holiday Inn Express in downtown La Jolla! We will go to the zoo tomorrow and maybe again on Sunday. I even double checked the hotel site to make sure I got the best deal, and I did, saved at least $30 before taxes.

I can't wait!

*an FWIW: Benjamin Moore Aura still smells that little that I didn't want to sleep in my room last night, and they have to finish up today.

OMG! I'm jealous of you, lady!!

I got Chinese for lunch today... does that count? :)

AnnieW625
02-24-2012, 06:58 PM
As I was driving home from the Dr's appointment and US where he told us it was a girl, I suddenly altered my course and stopped by a fancy baby boutique and bought a beautiful and expensive dress for DD. They only had it in size 12 months, so she's not even born and I already have her 1st birthday outfit :rotflmao:

congratulations! I think had we known the sex of our kids I would have done a lot of pre shopping so in a way I think DH was so relieved that we didn't know the sex of the baby.