PDA

View Full Version : Crafters/scrapbookers please help re:what glue

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
02-24-2012, 05:55 PM
I am making a project where I will be needing to glue about 50 circular shapes cut from the cricut onto a painted canvas. The paper shapes will have intricate cut outs (thus fragile) and must end up (somewhat) perfectly aligned in rows both side to side and up and down. This is for a baby shower and I want it to look pretty nice. Does anyone have any suggestion on what kind of glue or method for gluing that I could use. It would be helpful to be able to move the shapes slightly even after I have glued them down . Project will then be mod podged. Any help really appreciated!! Thanks!

cntrymoon2
02-25-2012, 02:13 AM
If you're going to mod-podge over it, then you can use any glue labelled repositionable. Zig makes one that I like, and there are lots of different applicator tips. It's a two way glue- when it first goes on, it's blue, and dries permanent. When it dries (before adhering the two surfaces), it's clear and then will have a lighter tack that you can position and move slightly. If your cut outs are very intricate, you're not going to have much leeway in moving them without tearing, but this would at least give you some wiggle room.
I get Zig at Michaels, near the scrapbooking adhesives.
I'd love to see a picture of what you're working on, I have a baby shower coming up soon!