PDA

View Full Version : Party planning: How much pizza per person?

California
02-24-2012, 08:54 PM
If you're ordering pizza for a party, how much do you order for each person? In the past I've ordered too much and am trying to get a better handle on this.

The slices are fairly big.
How many slices per adult?
How many per kid aged 6+?
For five and under, I'm figuring one slice per kid.

momof2girls
02-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Once the kids are over 6 I would figure 2 slices per kid and 1.5 per adult just to be safe. Under 5 one per kid.
I noticed that if it is a kids only party the parents only eat maybe 50% of the time. If it includes the parents (like a family party) then 2 slices per person.

hillview
02-24-2012, 09:00 PM
Once the kids are over 6 I would figure 2 slices per kid and 1.5 per adult just to be safe. Under 5 one per kid.
I noticed that if it is a kids only party the parents only eat maybe 50% of the time. If it includes the parents (like a family party) then 2 slices per person.
:yeahthat:

California
02-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Thank you ladies for your responses. I've used two slices per adult (family party) in the past and I'm guessing the moms aren't eating two slices because we end up with a lot left over. I do also have salad out and fruit slices. Rather have too much than too little, though!

lalasmama
02-25-2012, 02:19 AM
We expected 9-12 people at DD's party, and 9 showed up. I've got two extra pepperoni pizzas that weren't touched. Wanna guess what breakfast is going to be tomorrow?! LOL

gamma
02-25-2012, 11:03 PM
At parties for younger children, I ask to have the pizzas cut in 16 pieces instead of 8. It's easier for the children to handle and sometimes they want just a little more than one piece, but not another large slice.