PDA

View Full Version : Pinterest is driving me crazy....how do I do this?

WitMom
02-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Okay, so I have a Pinterest account. When I go to Pinterest.com (when I'm not signed into my account), I see a bunch of different pins from all over. Some of these I would like to re-pin to my board. When I click on them to re-pin, it has me sign in, which I do. But then it takes me to my "feed" (is that the right word?), and I can't see the home page with the item I wanted to pin. Does anyone understand what I mean? How the heck can I pin something from the home page to my board?

boilermakermom
02-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Once you are logged in, you should be able to click on 'everything'. This should take you back to your home page.

wellyes
02-25-2012, 10:58 AM

SnuggleBuggles
02-25-2012, 11:00 AM
But, sometimes if you click "everything" you can't find the pin anymore. I have started opening the website that has what I want to pin (instead of repinnin a pin, I open the pin). Then I make sure I am logged into Pinterest, then I pin that website. Tedious but I have had frustrations finding things again and that is a sure fire way to do it. Also, you won't be following a random person if you aren't comfortable with that.

Jenny_A
02-25-2012, 11:02 AM
I understand what you are referring to. I don't think you can go back to those pins. You use to be able to. They've recently changed Pinterest and this seems to be one of the glitches. Each time you select a board, such as "Everything" or "Popular" the pins shuffle and so you get a different assortment every time.

The best thing to do, if you see a pin that you like on that front page, is to remember the caption below and then put that into the search bar once you're logged in.

Maybe I'm wrong and somebody else will chime in, but I don't think you're doing anything wrong. It's a glitch with the way they have it programmed.

mackmama
02-25-2012, 12:02 PM
This has happened to me, too, and I've been so bummed to lose those pins. Now I sign in first, then browse.

sunshine873
02-25-2012, 12:52 PM
The easiest way I've done it is to just copy the http: pinterest address of the item you want to pin. Then login, then past the address into the address bar, hit enter & there it is. If you have more than one item you want to see, open another window, login to pinterest and then go back & forth copying & pasting one pin address at a time.

Good luck!

barkley1
02-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Put /all or /popular after the.com.

So, www.pinterest.com/all

WitMom
02-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm not the most technically savvy person, so I didn't know if it was ignorance on my part or what. It makes me feel a little better to know I'm not the only one that has encountered this.