PDA

View Full Version : I screwed up on my DD's baby book- help!

cookiemonster80
02-25-2012, 02:55 PM
I ordered a beautiful loose leaf CR Gibson baby book for DD2- due to arrive in a few weeks.

https://www.crgibson.com/Loose-Leaf-Memory-Book-Emma-12345186

I totally messed up writing some stuff in there- can't use white out because the pages are light pink. SO MAD I screwed it up so bad, but it is done.
I called CR Gibson and can't get anyone to respond about replacement pages- (it's really only one page -but an important one right at the front- bit I screwed up on more in than 3 places-grrrr)

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Seriously I was so MAD at myself last night- I'm already worried DD2 is getting the shaft- hand me down clothes (which look totally new and are awesome, but still), bedding (that is still beautiful), room (although we did paint it another color), etc, that I want everything that is new for her I want to be perfect and I FAILED ALREADY.

janeybwild
02-25-2012, 03:10 PM
I'm not sure what sort of book you have, but could you cover the entire page with a blank sheet of paper and start again, or just cover the text you don't want and write over it? I'm sorry you feel your DD will be shafted because she is the youngest. Perhaps it might help to turn that thinking into something positive before she picks up on it. How great that she gets an older sister, how great that she gets the benefit of more experienced parents etc. Good luck

MamaMolly
02-25-2012, 03:26 PM
I had the same problem on my wedding album (a do-it-yourself one from Hallmark). I took some of the cards we got and cut out the pretty bits and glued them to the pages as decoration. Some decorations were more strategically placed than others. ;)

And I totally get the second child getting the shaft angst. I worry about it a lot with Dolly, as most of my family and DH's have kind of forgotten she exists. :(

MissyAg94
02-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Have you looked for colored white out?

larig
02-25-2012, 05:06 PM
how about some cute stickers from the scrapbooking aisle?

123LuckyMom
02-25-2012, 05:23 PM
My poor DS is STILL babybook-less at 3+ years, and I fear his soon-to-be-born sister will be, too. I've done photo books, but nothing like the wonderful book my mother made me when I was little. This is to say that you are AWESOME for making a baby book! Your DD will surely appreciate it when she's older. I would get creative and cut out paper shapes to cover the mistakes-- a purple flower or a white cloud maybe-- something like that. There will be plenty of inspiration in the scrap booking aisle of your local craft store. You can probably purchase something just the right size and not need to do anything super creative at all. I'd redo the writing on the shape BEFORE you glue it in just in case. Don't worry. It will all work out okay!

BayGirl2
02-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Don't beat yourself up! Go get some stickers or lined chipboard and redo those sections. When she is old enough your DD will appreciate your effort and attention, not perfection or new clothes.

For the record, this is why I scrapbook digitally now, I have horrible writing and make too many mistakes.

niccig
02-25-2012, 06:56 PM
When she is old enough your DD will appreciate your effort and attention, not perfection or new clothes.

:yeahthat: The fact that she even HAS a babybook puts her ahead of the majority of kids.

123LuckyMom
02-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Sorry for hijacking, but BayGirl2, where do you scrapbook digitally?

MamaMolly
02-25-2012, 07:37 PM
:yeahthat: The fact that she even HAS a babybook puts her ahead of the majority of kids.

:bag including BOTH of mine!

niccig
02-25-2012, 07:38 PM

And mine, and he is an only, so I can't even say I was busy with another sibling.

crl
02-25-2012, 07:47 PM

And both of mine! I am sure you can scrapbook the mistake away and your dd will love it. :hug:

Catherine

inmypjs
02-25-2012, 11:35 PM
I would also look for colored white out. When I was in school I remember I messed up on something that was light blue, and I actually found corrector that was roughly the same color.

Globetrotter
02-25-2012, 11:55 PM
Honestly, I'm impressed that you're even doing it! This will be an insignificant mistake in the long run so don't beat yourself up over it. I would just use pretty papers and cover it - that's the beauty of scrapbooking - you can make it look intentional :)

lmh2402
02-25-2012, 11:56 PM
i'm sorry you're so upset. think pps had great suggestions for ways you can work around the mistakes.

if it makes you feel better...i actually thought "baby book" meant photos...

if there is something else that you're calling a "baby book," which involves writing or documenting memories, etc...than i have definitely already failed DS and on my way to failing DD :(

DietCokeLover
02-26-2012, 12:06 AM
Have you looked for colored white out?

They make pink white out.

Neatfreak
02-26-2012, 01:16 AM
It would be worth it, if I were in your shoes, just to order another book and start over.

fauve01
02-26-2012, 02:28 AM
Honestly, if it were me, I'd just use the white whiteout that i already have and keep going. when your DD gets older, she will appreciate the book and what's in it and probably won't even notice a teeny cover up job. she'll be too busy smiling and laughing and tearing up over all the fabulous things you have to say about how brilliant and precious she is to you.

BayGirl2
02-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Sorry for hijacking, but BayGirl2, where do you scrapbook digitally?

I use PhotoShop Elements to make pages then put them into a traditional scrapbook cover. There are many sites that sell templates and digital "elements" but I mainly get my stuff from ScrapGirls. You can make it as simple or complicated as you want, I personally like creating a page in PhotoShop and arranging and journaling exactly the way I want it, but there are also templates you can get to just insert photos and text.

lhafer
02-26-2012, 02:02 PM
I feel your pain! On DD2's baby book, I screwed her NAME part!! We had decided to give her the middle name of Vivian and we were set on that for a long time. Got her baby book, and started with the initial pregnancy stuff in it. Wrote her name in the front. T____ Vivian X_____. Well, right before she was born, I decided that Vivian just wasn't *quite* right with her first name. So I just ended up crossing through Vivian and put her actual middle name right below it.

At first I was really mad at myself about it. Almost bought a new baby book because of it. But I had already glued in sonogram pictures, etc in it. Then I decided that the mistake was okay because 1. it will show her in the future that I'm not perfect, and 2. that we gave a lot of thought to her name.

In the end I'm okay with the mess up. I hope you were able to find a resolution/solution for yours.

Globetrotter
02-26-2012, 02:08 PM
it will show her in the future that I'm not perfect, and 2. that we gave a lot of thought to her name.

You know what? I actually think that is more meaningful than a pristine, perfect book!

cookiemonster80
02-26-2012, 02:18 PM
thanks everyone!
I didn't know they made colored white out- I'll have to check that out. and I hadn't thought of cutting up another extra page to cover my mistakes. There are definitely pages I'm not using (adoption, etc).

I know it's not that big a deal, and now in the light of day it does seem a bit silly, but at the time I was super upset about it. (perggo hormones and all)