PDA

View Full Version : Daycare WWYD?

BabyBearsMom
02-25-2012, 09:39 PM
We have been sending DD to a terrific home daycare for the last 18 months. Up until Friday, it was run by two lovely woman. DD adored both of them and has really flourished. On Friday, we got a note that one of the teachers had resigned effective immediately. The "resigning" teacher subsequently reached out to several of the parents saying she didn't resign but was abruptly kicked out by the other woman. The other parents in the daycare are up in arms and most of them are talking about pulling their kids out. Of course I'm upset that this woman that DD loved is abruptly removed from DD's life without giving her a chance to say goodbye, although I think DD is too young to really understand at this point. I'm also not thrilled with how this was handled so abruptly. But I'm not sure that this is a scenario that would warrant immediate removal of my child. The remaining daycare provider has lined up a substitute and is looking for a permanent replacement. Would you pull your child under these circumstances?

wellyes
02-25-2012, 09:41 PM
I would ask the owner why the woman was removed effective immediately. My first thought is that firings with no notice, that put her business at risk, may be due to a serious issue.

JustMe
02-25-2012, 09:47 PM
If you like the remaining provider, I would wait and see what the new person she hires is like. If you are happy with them both, I would not remove my dc. You never know what goes on behind closed doors, why the owner needed to make this decision, etc. Now, if it happens again in the near future I may be moving my dc...but one time without knowing all the details, probably not.

BabyBearsMom
02-25-2012, 11:13 PM
If you like the remaining provider, I would wait and see what the new person she hires is like. If you are happy with them both, I would not remove my dc. You never know what goes on behind closed doors, why the owner needed to make this decision, etc. Now, if it happens again in the near future I may be moving my dc...but one time without knowing all the details, probably not.

This is my thought but all the other parents are so freaked out. I keep wondering if I am missing something. I am looking into a plan B in case all of these departures force her to close.

Uno-Mom
02-25-2012, 11:22 PM
Wow, stressful. I'd ask the owner about it. You'll learn a whole lot about her from the way she responds!

AnnieW625
02-26-2012, 12:48 AM
No, at least not until I heard the daycare owner's side of the story.