PDA

View Full Version : IPad question

barkley1
02-25-2012, 10:46 PM
How can I protect the pictures I take with my iPad from getting accidentally deleted? DS has taken a liking lately to the little trashcan icon and I'm afraid he's going to go through my pics and delete them for fun, lol. He's only 2, so doesn't really understand I can't get them back if deleted. And the more I make a big deal about it, the more he'll do it. Supervising him 100% isn't an option bc I use the iPad to keep him busy while I'm nursing or putting DD down for a nap.

Is there an app that could do that? If I connect to iTunes, will it back them up? I've looked in the settings and have disabled deleting of apps and in-app purchases, but it doesn't look like there's anything to lock pics. Thx!

caheinz
02-26-2012, 12:03 AM
If you have an iCloud account, activate photostreaming. That will automatically make any picture taken with the iPad appear on any other iCloud-enabled device (iPhone, iPod Touch, Mac) automatically. (And presumably, the delete will only happen on the iPad.)

And yes, when you sync, you can sync the photos. On a Mac, they go into iPhoto. Not sure how to do it on a PC, but can't imagine there not being a way.

gamma
02-26-2012, 09:26 PM
On my Droid X, I have the Photobucket App which automatically sends my photos to Photobucket immediately as they are taken. When my contract is up, I will switch over to the iphone and I have already checked to make sure there is an iphone Photobucket App. I would check to see if there is an ipad app also. I like the idea of using both the cloud and Photobucket as double protection.