PDA

View Full Version : Levi's at Costco

twowhat?
02-25-2012, 11:46 PM
I know it's not exactly the most desired brand, but the Levi's at Costco right now are great for mummy tummy (in terms of comfort, not necessarily control, as you can see in the pics). Wide 2-button waistband that hits higher on the waist. It's labeled as "slender bootcut" and I find the leg to be BARELY bootcut. It's practically straight. Which is nice. Enough spandex in the material so that when I sit down, it's really comfy instead of digging into my mummy tummy. Pocket placement is good - lower on the butt. nice dark wash. They also had a lighter wash that I might pick up for summer. I am 5'6'' and the "medium" length (32 inch inseam) is perfect on the unwashed jean - hoping it doesn't shorten when I wash it! The pics are bad but hopefully will give an idea. $24.49. Hope that helps someone!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7052/6930294221_1d01d6daeb.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/34241305@N00/6930294221/)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7199/6784176884_943505ea23.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/34241305@N00/6784176884/)

baymom
02-26-2012, 01:03 AM
I almost picked these up at Costco this afternoon. Thanks for the review--may grab a pair next time!

ellies mom
02-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Let us know how the length is after you wash them. In an ideal world I can use medium length with flats but sometimes they shrink a touch too much then I'm out of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrSally
02-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Thank you. I love 2 button, mid-rise jeans. Did they come in a "short" length? (please say yes).

twowhat?
02-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Thank you. I love 2 button, mid-rise jeans. Did they come in a "short" length? (please say yes).

I *think* they did, since the length that I got was marked as a M (medium).

BigDog
02-28-2012, 11:09 PM

They do. I just bought a pair tonight in short. It's a 30" inseam. I like the way they feel but they seemed a little baggy on me in the legs and a little saggy in the butt. I'm going to return them for a smaller size, though I can't imagine I'd fit in a smaller size! I hope so though because I'd really like for these to work out since they look really nice. Oh and they come in two washes too.

twowhat?
02-28-2012, 11:15 PM
They do. I just bought a pair tonight in short. It's a 30" inseam. I like the way they feel but they seemed a little baggy on me in the legs and a little saggy in the butt. I'm going to return them for a smaller size, though I can't imagine I'd fit in a smaller size! I hope so though because I'd really like for these to work out since they look really nice. Oh and they come in two washes too.

Yeah, I think they are definitely a more relaxed fit. After a couple of days of wear they're a little bit baggy on me. I haven't washed them yet though so hope they tighten up with washings. I still really like them for the comfort, and figure they'll look good in the summer with fitted tanks and ballet flats or flip flops even if they're a little on the baggy side.

DrSally
02-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Thanks! 30" is perfect for me. The slim cut should mean slimmer legs, no? I hate baggy leg jeans. I think they make me look bigger. My ideal jean is a mid rise, wide waistband (2 button often)' with a slim thigh and slight bootcut, a dark wash.

Paige Hidden Hills are pretty good. I like Gap long and lean and curvy fit, but, man, do Gap jeans get saggy!

BigDog
02-29-2012, 02:50 PM
I returned the pair of 8 short for a 6 short and they fit perfect. Very comfy and flattering. I'm super psyched because 1) I can never find jeans that fit, and 2) I don't ever remember wearing a size 6 before in my life! I'm thinking these might run a tad big? Anyhow, thanks OP for recommending these jeans!

twowhat?
02-29-2012, 02:52 PM
I returned the pair of 8 short for a 6 short and they fit perfect. Very comfy and flattering. I'm super psyched because 1) I can never find jeans that fit, and 2) I don't ever remember wearing a size 6 before in my life! I'm thinking these might run a tad big? Anyhow, thanks OP for recommending these jeans!

Awesome! I'm glad the smaller size works. I wish I could get a smaller size, I think that would take care of the slight bagginess. But it is hard enough to find jeans and these are so comfy I'm just going to go with it:)

DrSally
03-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Picked up a 4 short and just tried them on. I could tell I needed to size down, just from holding them up. I like the rise, the legs (not baggy when I sized down), and the bootcut. Not super crazy about the flap pockets and the fact that the pockets also seem small to me (which can make a behind look bigger). But, I like them enough, that i'm going to keep.

BigDog
03-02-2012, 12:23 PM
I liked the fit much better when I sized down, too. I'm not crazy about the flap pockets, either, as I tend to wear longer shirts, but as far as function goes, the pocket is still there (which I found out yesterday when I was wearing these jeans)! The flap is just decoration sewn to the outside of the pocket!

DrSally
03-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Wore them for the first time, and i'm glad i decided to keep them. The legs are nicely shaped, and the right length for use w/ a wedge/clog for me. Really liking the rise and 2 buttons. I don't see myself from behind, so don't notice the pockets. I do wish the stitching wasn't so bright/prominent. Even sizong down, I do find they have stretched out by the end of the day. Not super horribly, but enough to be loose.

Eta: that's funny that the pockets are actually real pockets!

twowhat?
03-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Let us know how the length is after you wash them. In an ideal world I can use medium length with flats but sometimes they shrink a touch too much then I'm out of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I washed mine (medium length, 32 in inseam) this weekend and dried them until just dry on low heat. I am 5'6'' and usually wear a 32 or 33 inch inseam and these are just BARELY brushing the floor with flats on. So I'd say if you're taller or have longer legs, you will probably have to get the longer length.

joules
03-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Thanks OP!

I picked up a pair even though I'm 4 weeks pp. I am 5'2" and the short is a good length if I wear heels. I hope they have these in stock for a while...hopefully I lose enough weight to justify getting a smaller size in a few more weeks/months.

Also DH also got a pair of Levi's. He didn't realize until we got home that they are Slim Fit. He usually wears a relaxed fit or something. But the Slim Fit looks REALLY nice on him!! Not like a skinny jean...more like a pair of nice tailored trousers. I am trying to convince him to keep them...they are pretty sexy IMO!!

ellies mom
03-05-2012, 07:12 PM
I washed mine (medium length, 32 in inseam) this weekend and dried them until just dry on low heat. I am 5'6'' and usually wear a 32 or 33 inch inseam and these are just BARELY brushing the floor with flats on. So I'd say if you're taller or have longer legs, you will probably have to get the longer length.

Thanks.

I picked up a pair. They work with my flats and Danskos and they are super comfy. I'm 5'5" and my legs seem to be like yours. Borderline Medium/Long I like that the "flap pocket" actually functions as a useful pocket.

I got a size 8 but I think I'm going to pick up a 6 too. The 8 is perfect but it won't take much weight loss for them to be too big after a few hours.

DrSally
03-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Thanks OP!

I picked up a pair even though I'm 4 weeks pp. I am 5'2" and the short is a good length if I wear heels. I hope they have these in stock for a while...hopefully I lose enough weight to justify getting a smaller size in a few more weeks/months.

Also DH also got a pair of Levi's. He didn't realize until we got home that they are Slim Fit. He usually wears a relaxed fit or something. But the Slim Fit looks REALLY nice on him!! Not like a skinny jean...more like a pair of nice tailored trousers. I am trying to convince him to keep them...they are pretty sexy IMO!!

Yes, i think slim fit for men actually makes them look slimmer, b/c they're not so baggy in the legs.

I'm actually loving mine more then when i first got them. DH accidentally threw them into the dryer, so hopefully that won't affect their stretchiness/sagginess.