PDA

View Full Version : Costco won me over last night

WatchingThemGrow
02-26-2012, 07:52 AM
and DH says we should join!!! He wants to keep our Sams membership as it is within walking distance of his office and much, much closer to our house (gas, quick errands) but we get to add a Costco membership to the mix. Yay, yay, yay! (And, there is one rumored to be going up near our house in a couple years.)

Here's the story... I've had a cash card from a friend and have been trying all week to get there to look for the HA dresses, the blue floral one in particular. We were in the area last night, so at 5:55, I went running in to look. Sure enough, the dresses were there, but there was no 120. The lady working the area couldn't find any more boxes, so she said I could ask up front. My plan was to see if my brother would run over to his tomorrow to grab one. But...the kind man at the little desk looked it up and said there are some 400 dresses in the building, more than my brother's store. He took me back to look under the tables, then said, "Wait just a minute. Oh, there right up there (on a steel rack), stay here and I'll go get a forklift." Seriously, the store was past closing time, and the guy came around the corner with a forklift, pulled a pallet down. His spotter, the folding lady, and this guy opened boxes and pulled out the size DD needs.

I was so happy and full of joy that I grabbed the smallest one for our niece who we will see today. DD and DN can match :D

I get to get a Cosctco membership and keep the Sam's card :jammin::cheerleader1::bouncy:

On costco.com, I submitted a nice comment about the store employee who went out of his way to help me. Hope he gets the message from the top down!

anonomom
02-26-2012, 08:02 AM
I love helpful store employees! There's rumored to be a Costco opening in my town soon, too, and I can't wait!

wellyes
02-26-2012, 08:37 AM
AWESOME!
You should write Costco a letter about that guy, I'm sure they love stories like that.

DietCokeLover
02-26-2012, 08:40 AM
I would love to go to a Costco, but living in the land of Walmart, it's not likely to happen.

So exciting for you!

carolinamama
02-26-2012, 08:55 AM
I have been tossing around the idea of joining Costco but it is pretty far from my house. You just gave me more reason to join!

Love it when there are such helpful employees.

DebbieJ
02-26-2012, 04:53 PM
I love hearing stories like this!

DrSally
02-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Wow, great story!

citymama
02-27-2012, 03:54 AM
That's awesome! I am desperate for that blue floral one - I have sent two separate friends off to look for it, and hopefully one of them will find it!