PDA

View Full Version : RF Convertibles In BMW 3 Series and VW Jetta Sportswagon

Philly Mom
02-26-2012, 03:12 PM
My daughter is 7 months and is starting to look uncomfortable in her Chicco Keyfit 30. We are looking for convertibles for both of our cars as we each do daycare drop off/pick up. Any suggestions for what will fit in a BMW 3 Series and/or a VW Jetta Sportswagon? As an FYI, we use the Jetta Sportswagon more often and use it almost exclusively when we travel as a family so we need to make sure there is room for the passenger. TIA

Joolsplus2
02-27-2012, 08:44 AM
If you can sit comfortably in front of the Key Fit, you should be fine in front of a Britax, or probably a Radian with the accessory recline wedge to make it take up less space front to back (but makes it quite upright, the Britax might be a bit more reclined AND take up less space, but it depends a lot on the car). (Buy one of each and replace the model that doesn't work? Well, if you can find a store that sells both and try them in each car, that's a lot less hassle, for sure!)

epiclesis
02-27-2012, 12:35 PM
I recently put a Diplomat in the back seat of a 335i coupe/convertible. I'm 5'4, but I like the seat back pretty far. I had no problems fitting it in (except that I had to put the top down to install it. :ROTFLMAO: ) I would imagine most Britaxes would fit. And maybe a True Fit as well. I have a TF and the Diplomat in the back of my husband's SL2 and both seats are back equally as far.

legaleagle
02-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Yeah, a new generation britax would almost certainly fit - they are super tiny front to back when they're more upright.