PDA

View Full Version : All things Oscar!

mom2binsd
02-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Could George Clooney get anymore handsome? His girlfriend stacey looked gorgeous too!

Haven't seen any of the movies but hope Billy Crystal is good.

Elektra you're not there again are you?
Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
02-26-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm watching later but I haven't seen most of the movies so I am not really all that interested. I am admittedly a bit tired of awards. But, I can't resist watching. :) I also have always liked Billy Crystal so I'm looking forward to him. Anything would be better than last year's hosts!

hillview
02-26-2012, 08:15 PM
LOVE the oscars and the fashion. Love that they are showing more REAL women images and they get air time (I am watching E) also love the guys who brought their moms!!

elizabethkott
02-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Thank GOD for the DVR!!!
My boys don't go to bed until 8-8:15 and then I walk the dogs and shower... I'm so excited to see what Billy Crystal does with the opening montage! And the one big advantage of the DVR - ffd-ing through the commercials! ;)

mom2binsd
02-26-2012, 08:20 PM
What an idiot Sasha baron Cohen is dressed as the dictator and then he dumped fake ashes from an urn onto Ryan Seacrest.

hillview
02-26-2012, 08:42 PM
What an idiot Sasha baron Cohen is dressed as the dictator and then he dumped fake ashes from an urn onto Ryan Seacrest.

:yeahthat:

hillview
02-26-2012, 08:43 PM
JLo looked amazing amazing

boogiemomz
02-26-2012, 08:48 PM
Tina Fey looks awesome!

ETA: I. WANT. Penelope Cruz's dress. So, so lovely.

boogiemomz
02-26-2012, 08:49 PM
Love that they are showing more REAL women images and they get air time

:yeahthat: :bighand:

babybell
02-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Penelope Cruz!! Absolutely gorgeous dress. LOVE IT.

Pinky
02-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Penelope Cruz!! Absolutely gorgeous dress. LOVE IT.

I agree! She looks amazing. That dress is just perfect!

btw, that didn't look anything like the Nick Nolte I remember...

trales
02-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Penelope Cruz is the best dressed one there.

boogiemomz
02-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Ick, Brad, cut your hair.

Pinky
02-26-2012, 09:25 PM
Has Brad had some work done? His face seems so stiff.

Pinky
02-26-2012, 09:27 PM
And I thought Sandra Bullock looked like she went to Joan Rivers doctor. Slightly kidding. I love her but she looks so different.

boogiemomz
02-26-2012, 09:43 PM
And I thought Sandra Bullock looked like she went to Joan Rivers doctor. Slightly kidding. I love her but she looks so different.

I had the same thought! Her features have always been unique, but her eyes seem really tight and pulled upward, more than usual.

TxCat
02-26-2012, 09:43 PM

YES!!! I said something similar to DH as she was being interviewed on the red carpet - she definitely looks like she has had some work done, and it does not look good. Can't quite put my finger on it - facelift and maybe lip injection?

BigDog
02-26-2012, 10:02 PM
I laughed out loud when Zach Galifianakas was asked who he's wearing and replied "Garanimals".

mom2binsd
02-26-2012, 10:05 PM
It appeared that there was almost another nipplegate, JLo's dress when she was presenting appeared to have slipped a bit, it's a stunning dress but yikes!

hillview
02-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Did JLo have a wardrobe issue??

boogiemomz
02-26-2012, 10:08 PM
How hilarious was it that she was presenting for costume design and had the line about a dress should always be loose enough to prove she's a lady? All while her nipple just *might* have been peering around the corner. :ROTFLMAO:

TxCat
02-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Did JLo have a wardrobe issue??

Glad I wasn't the only one that thought that!

Also, what happened to Nick Nolte???

cindys
02-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Yeah, looked like JLo had an issue...And what was the deal with her and Cameron facing backwards?

And, can I just say that Christian Bale is yummy!

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...20, 5 & 3 :love-retry::love-retry::love-retry:

TxCat
02-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Not a fan at all of dark-haired, mustached Bradley Cooper. It sort of looks like he is trying to channel Rhett Butler.

babybell
02-26-2012, 10:39 PM
holy cow! that cirque du soleil performance was amazing!!! totally in awe of those bodies and moves!

SnuggleBuggles
02-26-2012, 10:42 PM
How hilarious was it that she was presenting for costume design and had the line about a dress should always be loose enough to prove she's a lady? All while her nipple just *might* have been peering around the corner. :ROTFLMAO:

So funny! I thought the exact same thing!!

I love Kristen Wigg's dress.

hillview
02-26-2012, 10:43 PM
holy cow! that cirque du soleil performance was amazing!!! totally in awe of those bodies and moves!

And I thought that S Bullock looked good not tight at all.

ray7694
02-26-2012, 10:43 PM
Didn't gwenyth sport a ponytail to the grammies. Get a hairdo girl.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

elizabethkott
02-26-2012, 10:45 PM
WHAT IS UP WITH THE MICS?!?!
Is anyone else hearing a ridiculous amount of feedback, or is it just me?! It's driving me CRAZY.

mom2binsd
02-26-2012, 10:49 PM
WHAT IS UP WITH THE MICS?!?!
Is anyone else hearing a ridiculous amount of feedback, or is it just me?! It's driving me CRAZY.

I could hardly understand any of the lyrics when Billy was singing the opening montage song, which was a shame.

hillview
02-26-2012, 10:54 PM
I could hardly understand any of the lyrics when Billy was singing the opening montage song, which was a shame.

jenfromnj
02-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Fun thread!

I agree about Sandra Bullock--she looked as if she'd hit the botox a bit too hard maybe. And her really severe hairdo didn't help.

Melissa Leo is annoying me as a presenter--I really don't like her dress, and she is over-an-nun-ci-at-ing so badly it's like nails on a chalkboard.

hillview
02-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Melissa Leo is annoying me as a presenter--I really don't like her dress, and she is over-an-nun-ci-at-ing so badly it's like nails on a chalkboard.
I thought she looked WAY under dressed. Did she KNOW it was the Oscars??

jenfromnj
02-26-2012, 11:22 PM
I thought she looked WAY under dressed. Did she KNOW it was the Oscars??

I only saw it from the waist up, but it kind of looked like a waitress uniform that someone had bedazzled.

hillview
02-26-2012, 11:24 PM
I only saw it from the waist up, but it kind of looked like a waitress uniform that someone had bedazzled.

It looks very similar to my work outfit for tomorrow.

elbenn
02-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Angelina Jolie's arms are very skinny.

jenfromnj
02-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Angelina Jolie's pose while she's presenting is killing me!

ETA: And Jim Rash just mocked it so hilariously!

hillview
02-26-2012, 11:29 PM
Angelina Jolie's arms are very skinny.

Angelina Jolie's pose while she's presenting is killing me!

Yeah she so didn't need to do that. It was trying too hard. That said the guy who won the award who mocked her was HILARIOUS

malphy
02-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Angelina looks anorexic. Jennifer aniston looks so much better, I guess that is the best revenge.

elektra
02-26-2012, 11:36 PM
Not there this year! Would have loved to have seen George! Still need to get caught up on the DVR, so I can join in on the Oscar talk. :)

babybell
02-26-2012, 11:39 PM
I duno, I think Angie always looks great. :shrug:

Twoboos
02-26-2012, 11:46 PM
Angie looks amazing, but she needs a sandwich, followed by a bowl of ice cream.

DH thought Sandra Bullock looked weird, too. I didn't like her dress at all.

Cameron Diaz is RIPPED - her arms are just ripped!! They almost made me not notice JLo's nip peeking out of there.

Joan Rivers and the Fashion Police are going to go to town on Melissa Leo. A bedazzled waitress outfit, that is SO right on!! :hysterical:

I think Billy Crystal is meh.

malphy
02-26-2012, 11:46 PM
I normally agree about angie but I think she looks awful. And brad's hair looks icky.

boogiemomz
02-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Angie's pose was completely obnoxious. I thought she looked pretty bad in general... skinnier than usual, and her face looks kind of sunken in, and the big RED lips just looked garish to me. I totally missed the guy making fun of her. :( Sticking her leg all the way out of the dress with one hand on her hip like that was just tasteless IMO.

boogiemomz
02-26-2012, 11:50 PM
Cameron Diaz is RIPPED - her arms are just ripped!! They almost made me not notice JLo's nip peeking out of there.

I noticed on the red carpet how great she looks... so healthy! She's been one to look super skinny in the past and she looks absolutely fabulous now.

Twoboos
02-26-2012, 11:53 PM
I noticed on the red carpet how great she looks... so healthy! She's been one to look super skinny in the past and she looks absolutely fabulous now.

But really - she needed to do something with her hair. It just looked like she skipped it.

Did I mention her arms?!

boogiemomz
02-26-2012, 11:54 PM
But really - she needed to do something with her hair. It just looked like she skipped it.

Did I mention her arms?!

Well... yeah, the hair is bad. But everything else--:thumbsup:

elizabethkott
02-27-2012, 12:04 AM
Ok... Just catching up on DVR...
Angie... W. T. F.
I like the dress. But the 'tude has GOT to go.
And girlfriend needs a cheesburger. Or twenty.
I usually love her, too.
Uck.

elizabethkott
02-27-2012, 12:31 AM
I thought the In Memorium was lovely.

Nu_mama
02-27-2012, 12:35 AM
Meryl Streep = class act.

TxCat
02-27-2012, 12:35 AM
Extremely surprised that Meryl Streep won. Really thought it would be either Michelle Williams or Viola Davis.

Also, I can't believe how good Tom Cruise looks. He almost looks exactly like he did in Top Gun.

elizabethkott
02-27-2012, 12:42 AM
Love, love, love Meryl.

zag95
02-27-2012, 12:50 AM
Can you imagine how many great people Meryl Streep has worked with??? Crazy!

I thought Cameron Diaz looked great- JLo- dress was too tight or something not quite right there.....

shawnandangel
02-27-2012, 12:52 AM
Loved the whole show but the feedback was terrible! It gave me a headache. They could have taken some of that money they spent on the stage and put it towards mics.

SO glad Meryl won! Sad that Marty lost.

I thought S. Bullock looked great. I think her face looked tight because her hair was pulled back.

I think Angie was trying to be funny, not obnoxious.

I think Penelope wins best dressed.

elektra
02-27-2012, 12:57 AM
Angelina had funny poses at the Golden Globes too. Super annoying BUT my high school friend posted this on her wall after the SAG awards, and so I feel like I am more of an "Angie" fan now, and maybe she is somewhat nice IRL (?):

True story: once upon a time before she was a famous megastar she and I were classmates at NYU and spent many hours in our film group together. Today my friend and I had VIP passes to the red carpet at the SAG awards and I caught her attention (yelled at her) and asked if she remembered me from NYU and she came back to where I was sitting, smiled and said HI! and reached out so we could squeeze hands. I told her it was so nice to see her again and she said You too! before she and Brad were whisked away to take pictures

s7714
02-27-2012, 01:05 AM
I'm bummed I forgot it was on tonight and didn't set up my DVR. :( I'll have to look through the pictures online I guess.

Twin Mom
02-27-2012, 01:15 AM
Extremely surprised that Meryl Streep won. Really thought it would be either Michelle Williams or Viola Davis.

Also, I can't believe how good Tom Cruise looks. He almost looks exactly like he did in Top Gun.

I also thought Sandra Bullock looked strange.

elektra
02-27-2012, 02:18 AM

I also thought Sandra Bullock looked strange.
Yes, strange. Was it just her eyeshadow though?

mom2binsd
02-27-2012, 02:48 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/02/the-oscars-did-jennifer-lopez-have-a-wardrobe-malfunction/

An update on J Lo's wardrobe malfunction, it already has it's own twitter handle and over 500 followers.

Globetrotter
02-27-2012, 04:38 AM
Angelina looks anorexic. Jennifer aniston looks so much better, I guess that is the best revenge.

My thoughts exactly. I think Jolie is stunning but she looked way too skinny today.

I loved Penelope Cruz's dress - just classy all around - same for Milla Jovovich. Also liked Octavia Spenser. Gwenyth looked plain - lovely dress but she looked like she skipped hair and accessories altogether!

Melissa Leo's dress was awful - what was she thinking?

Tom Cruise looked really young! I'm guessing Scientologists are opposed to plastic surgery, no?

wellyes
02-27-2012, 08:04 AM
My cousin's tweet from the broadcast was "Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome our next presenter, the corpse of Angelina Jolie...."

artvandalay
02-27-2012, 09:52 AM
I don't know what kind of voodoo magic Tom Cruise is doing to himself, but when he first came on stage, I thought he was that Taylor Lautner guy from those vampire movies. He looked so young! Seriously, he looked like he was in his 20's. I don't think I have ever noticed him looking so young before. He looks really good.

I LOL'ed at Sasha Baron Cohen (or whatever his name is) on the red carpet spilling the ashes on Ryan Seacrest! Hahahahahha.

Angie was a hot mess. Can't Brad get her to eat? Does she not see that she looks really bad? She also REALLY over-acted her presentation of the award last night. She tried way too hard to be sexy and it came off as really awkward.

So glad Christopher Plummer won... I have Beginners on my Netflix cue and am supposed to get it this week! DH and I have been wanting to watch it for so long.

I think Billy Crystal did great!

artvandalay
02-27-2012, 10:00 AM

I had the same thought! Jennifer always looks really tan and healthy... always at a good weight for her frame. Angelina looks like a vampire or something.

Oh, agree with how awful Melissa Leo's dress was!! She is going to be known for her ugly dresses at the Oscars (last year's was terrible, too!). I didn't like Melissa McCarthy's dress, either.

My favorite dress of the night was Tina Fey's. I usually think black is boring for award shows but it fit her like a glove and she looked like a knockout.

Pennylane
02-27-2012, 10:00 AM
I don't know what kind of voodoo magic Tom Cruise is doing to himself, but when he first came on stage, I thought he was that Taylor Lautner guy from those vampire movies. He looked so young! Seriously, he looked like he was in his 20's. I don't think I have ever noticed him looking so young before. He looks really good.

I LOL'ed at Sasha Baron Cohen (or whatever his name is) on the red carpet spilling the ashes on Ryan Seacrest! Hahahahahha.

Angie was a hot mess. Can't Brad get her to eat? Does she not see that she looks really bad? She also REALLY over-acted her presentation of the award last night. She tried way too hard to be sexy and it came off as really awkward.

So glad Christopher Plummer won... I have Beginners on my Netflix cue and am supposed to get it this week! DH and I have been wanting to watch it for so long.

I think Billy Crystal did great!

I didn't watch, but I don't get Angelina Jolie at all. She doesn't look sexy, she looks sick. She is painfully thin and not attractive at all!

Tom Cruise is still a hottie IMHO though :)

lucybabymamma
02-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Ha! Totally agree about skinny Angelina Jolie and she seemed kind of taken aback after being spoofed, which was even funnier. Now that everyone mentions it, agree about Bullock, and thought Tina Fey's face looked a little "off," too (I love her, but it seems like there was way too much botox or something).
Overall thought the awards were more entertaining than usual. Some of the funniest parts to me: * Billy's movie spoof at the beginning * focus group for Wizard of Oz * Will Ferrell with cymbals * Emma Stone with Ben Stiller:) -- although have to say, I really could not stand Meryl Streep and her speech! Totally fake IMO and so self important. Know I am in the minority but can't stand her! Loved Christopher Plummer's speech.

boogiemomz
02-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Angelina struck the same pose on the red carpet. Not enough for her, I guess, to display her stick thin arms for everyone, one stick thin leg must be visible at all times to complete her ensemble. It just looks weird and pathetic.

http://pinterest.com/pin/47780446016589305/

and again:

http://pinterest.com/pin/49961877086088581/

You can just see her practicing her pose in front of the mirror at home. Get. over. yourself.

Forgot to mention Emma Stone in her bit with Ben Stiller. I liked her before, but she totally won me over. Adorable.

elektra
02-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Wow, I wonder if she was serious with the leg out. It was awkward as she stuck it out there. Not a fluid, sexy pose. In my head I was thinking that it must be some kind of dare! And her limbs are obviously SO skinny. wonder what is going on with her. #angiesleg or something like that is also trending on twitter.
I thought Maya Rudolph was funny, and I liked Billy Crystal.
I issued Tom Cruise! Was he the best picture presenter? Our DVR did not capture the whole thing.

Now I need to go and actually see some of these movies!

jse107
02-27-2012, 12:12 PM
I just watched a few highlights, but I have to say that I loved Emma Stone. I loved her dress, I loved her presentation, the whole thing. She seems so young and fresh and confident in her style. I have no clue how she is as an actress, but she was a "best dressed" to me last night.

I also thought Glenn Close looked stunning. I think she's aged amazingly well!

MommyofAmaya
02-27-2012, 12:27 PM
I just watched a few highlights, but I have to say that I loved Emma Stone. I loved her dress, I loved her presentation, the whole thing. She seems so young and fresh and confident in her style. I have no clue how she is as an actress, but she was a "best dressed" to me last night.

I also thought Glenn Close looked stunning. I think she's aged amazingly well!

Glenn Close looked amazing.

DH said that Emma Stone looked like a kitty cat under the Xmas tree with the big bow around her neck. I have to agree.

kara97210
02-27-2012, 12:28 PM

He's going to be 50 this year and he looks 25. On the other end of the spectrum Nick Nolte has seen better days. Every time they panned to him I cringed.

elbenn
02-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Tom Cruise does look amazing. I think he's got an aging portrait of himself in an attic somewhere.

trales
02-27-2012, 01:26 PM
JLo's publicist can say all they want that her dress was not "malfunctioning" but I will never believe it. There was definetly some aerola showing in that dress.

fauve01
02-27-2012, 01:36 PM
Has anyone said anything about the young girl from The Descendants--Shailene something? her dress was AWFUL! totally wrong for her.

I'm so so happy Meryl won. it's about time! and her dress was decent--not a big mess like usual.

I thought it was funny that the E! reporters thought Natalie Portman looked the same as last year with the big prom style dress this year. DH said they were just jealous...

i thought Cameryn Diaz looked amazing; i loved her hair. so soft and natural. way better than the severe buns and pull backs others had (JLo, sandy bullock).

hated the mint gown the french best actress wore.

thought most of the men looked amazing, so suave.

THought billy crystal did a great job! hilarious when he told the first row they should all go together and buy the Dodgers!

loved when octavia won! also christopher plummer. nice acceptance speeches.

Milla Jovavich looked fantastic--so old hollywood glamour!

ok that's all i can think of!

elektra
02-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Milla Jovavich looked fantastic--so old hollywood glamour!

I thought she looked baked. I mean I don't think she really was but girl needed to open her eyelids a bit more.

*myfoursons
02-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Tom Cruise has an amazing plastic surgeon. Shortie looks great.

Angelina seemed high on something. And the freakishly starved limbs poking out everywhere were bizarre.

wellyes
02-27-2012, 02:45 PM
I've read a few people complain about Billy Crystal's Sammy Davis impersonation, which I don't think is fair. A white guy costumed as black guy does not = blackface.

I'm so so happy Meryl won. it's about time! and her dress was decent--not a big mess like usual.I think she's won a few times before, she had to win for "Sophie' Choice".
I felt a little bad for Viola Davis. But, it's just an award.

ETA this is her third win, but it's been 20 years since the last one. Love that Colin Firth brought up Mamma Mia during the Best Actress presentation.

TwinFoxes
02-27-2012, 02:52 PM
I thought she looked baked. I mean I don't think she really was but girl needed to open her eyelids a bit more.

I thought so too!

I've read a few people complain about Billy Crystal's Sammy Davis impersonation, which I don't think is fair. A white guy costumed as black guy does not = blackface.

That's super weird, because it was part of his act for years, maybe in the 90s? He used to do a lot of costumed impressions, and Sammy Davis Jr. was one of his better known ones. I think he may have done Frank Sinatra too. Are these random people who are complaining? Was there any acknowledgment that this is really something he's known for, not some random "wouldn't it be funny if..."?

arivecchi
02-27-2012, 03:09 PM
I thought SBC dumping the ashes on Ryan Seacrest was hilarious! Ryan is such a self-important @$$ that I am sure SBC was just dying to mess with him. I say bravo! :ROTFLMAO:

elektra
02-27-2012, 03:13 PM
I thought SBC dumping the ashes on Ryan Seacrest was hilarious! Ryan is such a self-important @$$ that I am sure SBC was just dying to mess with him. I say bravo! :ROTFLMAO:

I can't stand Ryan Seacrest either! I can't believe how famous he is. I think he has worked really hard to build his brand, and probably deserves some of his recognition to some degree but he is SO cheesy. And yes, self-important!

buddyleebaby
02-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Tom Cruise does look amazing. I think he's got an aging portrait of himself in an attic somewhere.

I thought it looked like he had gotten a nose job since the last I saw him.

wellyes
02-27-2012, 03:33 PM
That's super weird, because it was part of his act for years, maybe in the 90s? He used to do a lot of costumed impressions, and Sammy Davis Jr. was one of his better known ones. I think he may have done Frank Sinatra too. Are these random people who are complaining? Was there any acknowledgment that this is really something he's known for, not some random "wouldn't it be funny if..."?
Here's one article I read: http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-rt-billy-crystal-oscarsmt1thewrap35739-20120226,0,947110.story
But they're just looking for stories to write, I think. I believe the SNL actor who plays Obama is not black, either.
I do remember Billy Crystal's Sammy Davis Jr. I also remember him playing one of the first gay character on TV in Soap!

DebbieJ
02-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Gwyneth and Cameron--if you got ready together, maybe you could have helped each other do something with your hair and get some accessories???

Angelina--anorexic for sure. And Brad needs a hair cut.

Loved Tina Fey. Her dress was not black, it was a dark purple.

Michelle Williams looked fabulous.

Will Ferrell and Zack G. were hilarious. I loved how they banged their cymbals in the faces of Brad and Angelina.

Sandra Bullock--I bet her face looked the way it did because of how her hair was pulled back. I didn't quite get her dress, though...

TwinFoxes
02-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Here's one article I read: http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-rt-billy-crystal-oscarsmt1thewrap35739-20120226,0,947110.story
But they're just looking for stories to write, I think. I believe the SNL actor who plays Obama is not black, either.
I do remember Billy Crystal's Sammy Davis Jr. I also remember him playing one of the first gay character on TV in Soap!

The Ted Danson analogy is totally off, because he had on minstrel makeup if I remember correctly. It's funny, when I google Billy Crystal and Sammy Davis Jr. most of the hits are articles that all quote that same blogger. I'm with you wellyes, I think they're just looking for something to write about (or re-post about.)

lucybabymamma
02-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Oh! I forgot to mention how much I loved Chris Rock -- probably the funniest of the night!

fauve01
02-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Oh! I forgot to mention how much I loved Chris Rock -- probably the funniest of the night!

:yeahthat::yeahthat: totally agree!! DD was watching when he came on and laughed when we told her he was the voice in Shrek and Madagascar!

fauve01
02-27-2012, 04:23 PM
I think she's won a few times before, she had to win for "Sophie' Choice".
I felt a little bad for Viola Davis. But, it's just an award.

ETA this is her third win, but it's been 20 years since the last one. Love that Colin Firth brought up Mamma Mia during the Best Actress presentation.

Oh yes, i knew Meryl had won before, but it had been so long! and i always feel bad they make such a big deal about her being nominated the most. I once read an interview with her that it was an honor to be nominated so often, but it meant she had lost the most times too. I'm just happy for her.

I agree, it was awesome Colin Firth talked about Mamma Mia!

artvandalay
02-27-2012, 04:35 PM

:yeahthat: Oh yeah! I was glad to see him... he was funny!

MMMommy
02-27-2012, 04:44 PM
I really could not stand Meryl Streep and her speech! Totally fake IMO and so self important. Know I am in the minority but can't stand her! Loved Christopher Plummer's speech.

Happy for Christopher Plummer's win!

Looked gorgeous - Michelle Williams, Penelope Cruz, Milla Jovovich, Kristin Wiig

Not so good dress choices - Shailene Woodley (dress aged her); Rooney Mara (ill fitting/unflattering bodice)

Angelina please fatten up those limbs!

When I saw Anna Faris on the red carpet, I thought, "why is Suzanne Somers at the Oscars?"

TxCat
02-27-2012, 04:44 PM
I thought Penelope Cruz's dress was beautiful, but I didn't like the whole look - the hair seemed a little too fussy to me, maybe a little too old-fashioned.

I love Emma Stone, I thought she was adorable while she was presenting, but I didn't love her dress. Like some commentators, it reminded me too much of a dress Nicole Kidman wore a few years ago. It's too bad because she has looked amazing at nearly all other award shows.

I thought Leslie Mann, Michelle Williams, Glenn Close, and Gwyneth (sans cape) all looked wonderful. I'm still on the fence about Natalie Portman. Overall there wasn't anyone that "wowed" me this year (ie, Charlize Theron in her apricot Vera Wang back in 2002?, Michelle Williams in her saffron Vera Wang, usually Penelope Cruz).

boolady
02-27-2012, 04:53 PM
I thought Cameron Diaz looked great, with the necklace, clutch and hair she had. The dress had plenty of bling for my taste, and I thought she looked amazing. I thought Michelle Williams and Octavia Spencer looked beautiful, as well. I loved the color of Penelope Cruz's gown, but not the style. I also saw photos this morning of the VF after-party, and thought Selena Gomez's dress and look overall was really beautiful.

arivecchi
02-27-2012, 05:26 PM
I think my fave was Michelle Williams. That dress looked so perfect on her. Cameron was gorgeous too. I thought Penelope Cruz looked older and matronly in that dress. She is such a beauty though that she looks great in practically anything.

mctlaw
02-27-2012, 05:28 PM
I stayed up last night just a little past the Angelina mockery which was hilarious! I agree that her posing was totally awkward and the mocking was brilliant. She is a gorgeous woman and I while I think she is skinny I would not call her an anorexic, in fact, I thought her leg looked pretty good and I wondered if thatis why she kept sticking it out there!

I also saw J Lo and Cameron and I agree with the PP who said the line J Lo had to utter regarding how a lady dresses was a little ironic considering her taste in dresses. And I thought I detected a bit of nip slip, too. I thought her dress, while not bad, had something about it that was just a bit too much. I much prefer her afterparty dress:

http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/2012-oscar-parties-1330323237-slideshow/

artvandalay
02-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Gotta love photoshop....

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1099/13265991/23888854/401291814.jpg

:hysterical:

TwinFoxes
02-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Artvandalay that is HILARIOUS!

EllasMum
02-27-2012, 05:46 PM
She is a gorgeous woman and I while I think she is skinny I would not call her an anorexic, in fact, I thought her leg looked pretty good and I wondered if thatis why she kept sticking it out there!

:yeahthat: I will concede that Angelina absolutely used to have the skinniest arms I have ever seen on a human, but I don't think she looked all that bad last night. After all the replies on this post, I even went back and looked and it still didn't look that bad to me! She used to be positively skin and bone, and now looks a little more filled out. :shrug:

speo
02-27-2012, 05:58 PM
My thoughts:

Billy Crystal was boring - and I think just too old to add real spark
Chris Rock, Will Ferrell, and Zack G. were great. Tina Fey had a good one liner.
Sandra Bullock looked tired.
Loved Gwenyth's dress. So sleek and simple.
I also liked Cameron's dress, but her undergarments looked strange at the waist. And I just don't think those buff arms look great with and evening dress.
I love Penelope's dress.
Angelina was acting so weird and needs to eat a little extra.
Tom Cruise looked great on stage. But I thought he looked a little old in the interview clips they had.
I am so sad that Terrence Malik did not win best director for Tree of Life. That movie deserves acknowledgement!!

ETA: I am not sure why J Lo is even at these awards. And I love Rooney Mara's bangs!

Twoboos
02-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Artvandalay that is HILARIOUS!

OMG, dying laughing!!! :ROTFLMAO: :hysterical:

fedoragirl
02-27-2012, 06:10 PM
My favorite dress was Jessica Chastain's. It was absolutely stunning. I also loved Gwyneth's dress and makeup. She looked very sleek and out together.
I did not like Natalie Portman's dress or jewels--she looked older.
I give kudos to Shailene Woodley for choosing something she likes and not caring about anyone else at the age of 20!
And I love Emma Stone--everything about her is just so refreshing. Loved her dress.

wellyes
02-27-2012, 06:43 PM
:yeahthat: I will concede that Angelina absolutely used to have the skinniest arms I have ever seen on a human, but I don't think she looked all that bad last night. After all the replies on this post, I even went back and looked and it still didn't look that bad to me! She used to be positively skin and bone, and now looks a little more filled out. :shrug:

In pictures she looks ok, but on video her arms looked skeletal. Makes me wonder about other still photos of celebs.

elbenn
02-27-2012, 06:52 PM
In pictures she looks ok, but on video her arms looked skeletal. Makes me wonder about other still photos of celebs.

Definitely agree that they look better in photos.

kmkaull
02-27-2012, 06:58 PM
[QUOTE=EllasMum;3441863]:yeahthat: I will concede that Angelina absolutely used to have the skinniest arms I have ever seen on a human, but I don't think she looked all that bad last night. After all the replies on this post, I even went back and looked and it still didn't look that bad to me! She used to be positively skin and bone, and now looks a little more filled out. :shrug:

:yeahthat: Her arms have always been skinny. They look skinnier depending on what she is wearing. I thought she looked great and at least she's never boring.

ilfaith
02-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Everyone is commenting on how skinny Angelina looked, but I thought she seemed almost robust compared to Rose Byrne. Of course presenting next to Melissa McCarthy probably didn't do either of them any favo, as they each seemed more extreme by comparison.

TwinFoxes
02-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Tom Cruise looked great on stage. But I thought he looked a little old in the interview clips they had.

I thought the same! I even thought to myself "he's finally looking his age" then he walked out looking like he did in the 90s. I guess makeup and a tux help. :)

speo
02-27-2012, 10:24 PM
I thought the same! I even thought to myself "he's finally looking his age" then he walked out looking like he did in the 90s. I guess makeup and a tux help. :)

Maybe on stage he was a CGI character.

WitMom
02-27-2012, 11:00 PM
I can't stand Angelina, but I thought she looked fairly decent last night. At least her hair looked like it had been washed sometime in the past 6 weeks. Normally she's so greasy and disgusting looking. Now, I'm not saying she didn't make an a$$ of herself, just that she looked less gross than usual.

I do like Sandra Bullock, but she looked like she has had way to much work done. She almost looks Joan Rivers-ish. If you look at her face and her neck, they don't match. Her neck was kind of crepe-y looking, like you would expect for someone her age (not that she's old by any means), but her face was taut, taut, taut. Not good.

I loved Penelope Cruz's dress. You can look beautiful without having everything hanging out all over the place aka JLo and Angie's leg.