PDA

View Full Version : How to remove piggy paint??

janine
02-26-2012, 10:56 PM
my daughter painted a few of my nails and i assumed nail polish remover would do the trick,but doesnt-and I have work tomorrow.....any suggestions?

Twin Mom
02-27-2012, 01:21 AM
IME it peels off pretty easily so even if you can't get it off, it probably won't last long. It never does on my DD. I'm assuming you don't have the Piggy Paint remover? I

cntrymoon2
02-27-2012, 01:25 AM
I am shocked that nail polish remover didn't work- ours always washes off within a day or two from normal handwashing. I'd try scrubbing a little with polish remover on a cotton ball.
Weird that it didn't come off for you!

citymama
02-27-2012, 03:47 AM
I had the same thing happen and it didn't come up for weeks! It was the green paint - the pink and purple came off easily but the green was stubborn. BTW, the piggy paint NP remover is junk, but even the industrial strength kind didn't get off the green. Scraping it helped, though!

janine
02-27-2012, 10:08 AM
I was shocked too-I did not buy the remover b/c I had read the reviews that it was not great and that this paint peeled off easily. Figured my probem would be keeping it on DD! Instead it has not chipped which is nice, but couldn't get it off. I managed to get most of it off using a soaked cotton ball (with rubbing alcohol) and drenching the nail and then rubbing..definitely not easy and still are remnants. I'll have to come up with a better way for DD though who has it on her toes too!

wellyes
02-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Yup, you gotta buy the remover, which becomes incentive to buy more piggy paint. I'm not really a fan of that line of nail polish. You put it on, it looks a mess in a day or two, so you take it off and put more on. I'd rather give my DD regular poison paint as a once a month treat.