PDA

View Full Version : Really Crappy Weekend

khalloc
02-27-2012, 09:42 AM
My uncle died last week. He was only 58. So we had to spend the weekend driving back and forth to the funeral. We weren't that close. But I cry easily when I think of all the people that will miss him that he left behind. My mom said my dad was doing pretty good. but I guess he cried alot at the service when he went up to see my aunt and cousins. So that made me sad. My grandmother is still alive and didnt make it to the funeral. She has Parkinsons and doesnt really leave the house much. Plus she said she wanted to remember him alive. I guess she took the news hard and said stuff like it should have been her. So I think about her losing her son and I am sad.

Then I also found out that my Dad has Parkinsons too. I dont know when he found out but I noticed his hand shaking last summer and I kept quiet about it. My mom said they knew for a month, then backtracked and said 3 months. But who knows. He doesnt like to inform people about his health. So I am really bummed about this. I have to keep reminding myself that it could be alot worse. My grandmother has had it for almost 30 years. So its not like he has stage 4 cancer. But I cant help but be upset.

All this sadness though has really gotten to me this weekend!

Staraglimmer
02-27-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm so so sorry. Prayers for your grandmother, your Father's health and your family. Losing a child is never easy. I remember having to tell my great-grandmother when she lost my grandfather and then my great aunt I'm their 50's. It was so hard. Special prayer for your grandmother that she finds peace.

-Stephanie
Mommy to Hailey Michelle 4/08
& a new addition due 7/1/12

hellokitty
02-27-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm so sorry about the loss of your uncle and about your dad's parkinson's. That's a lot to process in one wknd. :hug:

Kymberley
02-27-2012, 10:25 AM
:grouphug: I'm so sorry. My great uncle passed away Friday. He and my grandfather both had Parkinsons, and I know how sad and scary it is. They are both at peace now. Hugs to you.

MamaMolly
02-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Oh sweetheart, it sounds like an awful lot to process at once! Big huge hugs.

kozachka
02-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Hugs. That's a lot to process in one week-end.