PDA

View Full Version : Hiring a babysitter?

sarahsthreads
02-28-2012, 01:07 AM
We've never had a non-family babysitter before, but I've been working on the local high school musical and bringing my girls along to rehearsals. One of the performers who is only in a couple of numbers has been playing with and keeping an eye out especially for DD2 while she's not up on stage. Both girls adore her.

And, she babysits!

Today I got her email address and phone number. And we have a parent-teacher conference coming up in a few weeks that happens to fall right around dinner time. I'm going to ask if she's available...and maybe go out to dinner with DH after the conference...what a luxury that would be!

But I have no idea what I need to know about hiring a babysitter! What questions do I need to ask her besides how much she charges? Hiring a Babysitter 101, anyone?

Thanks!
Sarah :)

KpbS
02-28-2012, 01:18 AM
You can ask her if she has any other families she has sat for (for references), ask her if she has been to any babysitting/cpr classes, and if she is comfortable sitting at night (I assume she is, but not sure of her age). Also, does she drive?

Yea for you finding a sitter! :cheerleader1: Good sitters are hard to find and date nights are awesome!

crl
02-28-2012, 01:41 AM
I'd ask for references and about transportation. Also what she charges. (Alternatively you could say what you pay and ask if that is okay, but I like to doit the other way.). If you have pets I would mention that in case of allergies or fears.

Yay for finding a sitter!

Catherine