PDA

View Full Version : GG duplicate orders: are you getting charged?

sandybean
02-28-2012, 02:44 PM
I am not clear on this-- it seems some are and some not.

Who recieved duplicates?

So, if you cancelled and re-ordered another order due to OOS items (-1 and -2 order numbers, etc.), but you recieved the original cancelled order (hence, duplicates) and the new order, were you charged for both?

corky888
02-29-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm curious about this too. I have a cancelled order but I don't know if I am going to receive it. My gut tells me to return it if I receive it though because they will likely end up billing me and then it will be too late to return.

sf333
02-29-2012, 11:07 AM
I received a cancelled order and have not (yet) been charged. It was an order I cancelled over the phone at the suggestion of a CSR I spoke with (because an item was OOS). So I replaced the order and will be getting that today!

lisa928
02-29-2012, 11:22 AM
I received a cancelled order and have not (yet) been charged. It was an order I cancelled over the phone at the suggestion of a CSR I spoke with (because an item was OOS).

Me too! Even when I look at my account my cancelled orders are not even showing (order 1) only the orders 3 and 4 that I kept having to resubmit to get thorugh.

iaam
02-29-2012, 11:25 AM
I posted this in one of the other GG threads a few days ago.

I called CS when I received a previously canceled order. They said that the error is at their end - when they cancel an order it only cancels the charge and does not tell the warehouse not to ship it (which we have heard on this forum from several PPs). As a result, they told me that I am welcome to do with the order as I please. So far, no charge on my CC.

I was amazed and asked a couple of times to be sure. That being said, it's GG CS, so I would take anything they say with a grain of salt!

lisa928
02-29-2012, 12:54 PM
They said that the error is at their end - when they cancel an order it only cancels the charge and does not tell the warehouse not to ship it (which we have heard on this forum from several PPs). As a result, they told me that I am welcome to do with the order as I please. So far, no charge on my CC.

Does this mean I should expect ALL of my cancelled order?

iaam
02-29-2012, 01:22 PM

Don't know for sure, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

I would assume that if it does happen to all canceled orders, it would happen only to the ones that were 'in fulfillment' and then canceled (for whatever reason), i.e., not to orders that had 'insufficient inventory' and therefore were not being readied to be shipped by the warehouse.

corrie23
02-29-2012, 01:27 PM

That seems to be the way that things are headed. I've received or will be receiving every order that was "in fulfillment" "insufficient inventory" and cancelled by CS. The only order that I'm not sure if I'll receive was the one cancelled and re-placed by CS to omit OOS items (order #-1) but for all I know that will come too.

Looking at my CC statement, I'm getting billed 1-2 days after the package arrives to my home, and my online statement lags about 3 days behind the current date so I expect to wait 3-5 days after receiving my last GG package to know what was charged and what all I've received. Then I'll wade through it all and try to sort out the duplicates, what goes back, what needs a PA request, etc.

sewarsh
02-29-2012, 04:33 PM
I just received my 2nd order which was cancelled by Lindsay because the following were OOS:

- 7 Sprout mouse caddies
- Jimeale pink umbrella
- Fancy Nancy PJ book set.

My order contained all the duplicate items + the Sprout caddies + the umbrella, but NOT the FN PJs.

I'm annoyed right now. I have 7 umbrellas that I ordered for teacher gifts in Order #2 because Sprout caddies were OOS. Got those in and think the quality is bad so ordered 7 mugs in order #3. I think I like the caddies better for teacher gifts, but now I have to return 7 heavy mugs & umbrellas! Decisions, decisions!!

And NO I wasn't charged either.

nebwhit
02-29-2012, 06:24 PM
I was charged for one of my two cancelled orders. I have received both as well as one replacement order which I was charged for too.

amandabea
03-01-2012, 08:51 AM
I am not clear on this-- it seems some are and some not.

Who recieved duplicates?

So, if you cancelled and re-ordered another order due to OOS items (-1 and -2 order numbers, etc.), but you recieved the original cancelled order (hence, duplicates) and the new order, were you charged for both?

YES, i received duplicates of EVERY order that I called about (4 of them)! First shipments with the OOS item, second without. My CC has been charged for every shipment I have received and even two that I haven't, but that ivereceived shipment notifications for. Ugh!

Momit
03-01-2012, 01:50 PM
ETA: I have been charged for all but one of my duplicate orders. I just called because I thought maybe I was charged twice for an order, but it turns out that that a -1 order had the exact same total as one of the other orders (I didn't know the correct total, since I just got an email saying not all items would ship and the packing slip does not have prices). There's a -2 I still have not been charged for.