PDA

View Full Version : Another B'day party guest list question

alien_host
02-28-2012, 08:02 PM
So we are trying to figure out the guest list for DD's b'day party (first grade). DD really wants to invite her entire class, she does not like excluding people. So my issue is a few kids from the other 1st grade class that have invited her to their parties (girls).

Inviting both classes is not really an option (space and $).

Is it OK to invite her entire class (boys and girls) and just the girls from the other class? This still is really too many kids if all came, but I'd hope some would decline.

Or select girls from the other class? I already have 1 boy from the other class as we are good friends with them.

The "select girls" is tricky. It is a mix of K friends and other friends from outside activities. There are maybe 3 girls we don't know so I think we should include all (9 girls).

There are a few boys from her current class that I'd like to exclude, but it seems wrong to do so. She doesn't want just girls (and there are a handful of boys that I'd have to invite since I'm good friends w/ the parents).

Any thoughts? TIA!

geochick
02-28-2012, 08:20 PM
If I were you, I'd send invitations to the whole class with your kid, and send an email, invite via mail, or call the parents of any additional kids you want to invite. That way there aren't feelings in the other class when some kids flaunt their paper invite around kids who aren't invited.

SnuggleBuggles
02-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Select girls in other class is fine, imo. Everyone should understand drawing the line somewhere.

ha98ed14
02-28-2012, 09:00 PM
If I were you, I'd send invitations to the whole class with your kid, and send an email, invite via mail, or call the parents of any additional kids you want to invite. That way there aren't feelings in the other class when some kids flaunt their paper invite around kids who aren't invited.

Great idea!

bigsis
02-28-2012, 09:36 PM
Select girls in other class is fine, imo. Everyone should understand drawing the line somewhere.

Yeah that!

alien_host
02-28-2012, 09:49 PM

I'd actually mail the invites to the homes and not send them via school folders. Sorry I wasn't clear on that!

ETA: DD explained that the teacher has asked the class not to discuss birthday parties in school unless the whole class is invited. I'm pretty sure this is part of the reason why she wants the whole class as she is always bursting with exitement about her birthday/party and wouldn't want to have to keep her mouth shut!

alien_host
02-28-2012, 09:50 PM

Ok I'm glad to hear this...will have to ponder more, thanks!