PDA

View Full Version : Already talking myself out of WW

kaitlyns.mom
02-28-2012, 10:24 PM
I have about 10-15 pounds I'd like to lose. I'm 5'7", 157 lbs., and pre-baby I was more like 147. After DD the weight came off so easily because I was nursing and she had allergies. I was dairy-free for over a year and at times gluten-free, egg-free, and a laundry list of others.

I don't feel that overweight but my clothes don't look good. That's really my biggest thing right now. I don't look good in my normal clothes, and I don't want to buy all new ones.

DS does not have allergies so I am free to eat what I please. :rolleyes: My downfall is sugar and lots of it. I also have little portion control. I am still nursing probably 5-6 times a day.

This morning I signed up for a trial of WW online. I've held to the plan so far today. But I keep talking myself out of it!

1. "I should be eating real, whole foods, not a bunch of low-fat or fat-free stuff because it's not natural."
2. "I can't maintain this for more than a few months and then I will gain it back."
3. "If I just start exercising and not eating as much candy and sweets the weight will probably come off pretty easily."
4. "If I start eating lower sugar stuff and higher fats and proteins my body will probably respond well and I will drop weight and have more energy."

So... either give me a smack or enable me. :) Please.

kaitlyns.mom
02-29-2012, 12:23 PM
OK, I managed to talk myself back into it. :wink2:

I managed to stick with my points allotment yesterday and went to bed feeling fine - not hungry, not overly stuffed. I stepped on the scale this morning and I had lost two pounds. Now I know that's not "real" weight loss - just water weight or normal fluctuations - but it was enough to remind me of how great it will feel when my pants fit better and the number on the scale is about 10 pounds less.

I also reminded myself that the whole thing with the points system is that you can eat real food. It doesn't have to be a whole bunch of low-fat or fat-free stuff - that's only if you want to squeeze in more throughout the day.

So, onward!

icunurse
02-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Good for you - stick with it!

I'm not sure how PointsPlus works, but the "old" way, veggies were zero points, so I always made sure to have a big salad most days and if I was going to eat a Lean Cuisine or whatever, I brought along extra veggies to mix in. And drink lots of fluids, too. Unfortunately, even with counting calories on MFP, some days it is hard to eat "natural" when the low-fat or fat-free alternatives will let you eat more (case in point - yogurt). You just need to find your balance.

Not quite sure where it falls on the WW points, but I have recently found Mother's oat bran hot cereal to *really* fill me up- 150 calories. I add in a tablespoon of TJ's honey apple butter, which is an additional 35 calories, for flavor. Seriously the only thing that covers my hunger for hours.

elektra
02-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Yes, good for you! No need for a smack now. ;)
All those things are really excuses not to get going.

IME I need to start eating better- doing the elliptical (which is the only convenient way for me to exercise at this point) but still pigging out will do nothing for my weight.
In my case, I have to start with the eating thing.

And yes, whole, natural foods are going to be better for you. But you CAN still eat those on WW! Or MFP. I think that is part of the reason why they changed the points for all fruits and veggies to zero- so you can be incentivized to eat more of those things over something non-fat or with artificial sweetener.