PDA

View Full Version : Moby Love

mommylamb
02-29-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm not sure if any of you have a moby wrap from a previous child, but if you don't, get one for your new baby! I am totally loving mine and wishing I had had one when DS1 was a baby. DS2 LOVES it!! he is so calm whenever he's in it and it lets me do things like type on the computer, do laundry, eat dinner... If he's at all fussy, I can just put him in it and he calms down immediately and is totally content. It's like being swaddled right up close to mom and he's totally supported by it. I think DS1 would have been a much easier baby if I had had one of these when he was an infant.

Anyway, I'm not usually the type to sing the praises of a product, but I'm so glad I got this one and wanted to pass it along to those of you who are expecting. This is my new go-to shower gift for new moms.

Jacksmommy2b
02-29-2012, 11:33 AM
I am a huge baby wearing fan and I am so glad the moby is working for you!

I completely agree that life would have been so much easier with my first if I just knew to wear him!

The moby will be great until baby is about 20lbs and after that try out a woven wrap. You can tie it in a very similar way to the moby and wear your baby into toddlerhood!

Melaine
02-29-2012, 11:44 AM
I am SO happy to hear this. I ordered a Moby from the ecomom deal, hoping it will work well for us.

carolinamama
02-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Loved my Moby with DD. She was always so happy and snuggly in it. And yes, I wish I had it instead of a stinky Bjorn for DS1. Moved to my Ergo around 4 months.

AnnieW625
02-29-2012, 01:23 PM
I never did a Moby because I am just not that coordinated with my hands to even attempt to try wrapping with it, but used a Beco Butterfly (soft structured carrier) with DD2 from very early on and both DD2 and I loved it. She would sleep in there and it was great because she was upright and had reflux and wouldn't sleep many other places.

marymoo86
02-29-2012, 01:41 PM
I had the Moby and returned it. There was a ton of fabric left over even after I wrapped it around me again and again. Very annoying for it to be dragging on the ground and I'm tall!

I did love the stretchiness and softness of the fabric though. A great carrier is worth its weight in gold for sure :)

lizzywednesday
02-29-2012, 01:59 PM
I loved my EllaRoo (a brand of woven wrap), but recently bought a Storchenweige for a friend's baby shower.

I have serious wrap-envy now. The Storch is now on my "to-get" list if we have another.

Kira's Mommy
02-29-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm not sure if any of you have a moby wrap from a previous child, but if you don't, get one for your new baby! I am totally loving mine and wishing I had had one when DS1 was a baby. DS2 LOVES it!! he is so calm whenever he's in it and it lets me do things like type on the computer, do laundry, eat dinner... If he's at all fussy, I can just put him in it and he calms down immediately and is totally content. It's like being swaddled right up close to mom and he's totally supported by it. I think DS1 would have been a much easier baby if I had had one of these when he was an infant.

Anyway, I'm not usually the type to sing the praises of a product, but I'm so glad I got this one and wanted to pass it along to those of you who are expecting. This is my new go-to shower gift for new moms.

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

elektra
02-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Loved mine with DS too! I was able to chase DD around much easier, and DS sure seemed cozy. :)

swissair81
02-29-2012, 02:24 PM
I bought a Moby for DD3 and was all excited to use it until I couldn't figure it out to save my life. Henceforth, I bought a Baby Hawk Mei Tai (I can't use slings or anything that is one shouldered, because I have a bad back) and froggied her legs up in it. The back had a sufficient head support. Baby wearing rocks. I love strollers, yet she was almost never in one unless she was napping in the bassinet.

hellokitty
02-29-2012, 09:06 PM
The moby is the #1 newborn sling I always recommend to moms who ask me about slings. I love it! Used it for all three of my kids and then sold it to a friend who also loved it. My favorite was in the summer, I would wear a cami tank top and my newborn in front carry and could nurse so discreetly. I had women who were shocked it was a sling, they thought it was a t-shirt (my tank and moby were both black, I wouldn't recommend black though, since spit up and lint shows on it easily). It was the only sling/carrier where that I was able to use for nursing. I have all the other kinds too, and love those for different reasons, but for a baby under 20 lbs, the moby is my fav.

fumofu
03-01-2012, 01:25 AM
I bought a Moby wrap and went to a babywearing group meeting not too long ago so I can get hands-on help on how to tie it. I hope this will work out when DC2 arrives. I'm hoping to babywear right from the beginning. I couldn't handle a ring sling, and DS didn't like the Beco Gemini until he was 5 months.

Beth24
03-01-2012, 01:36 AM
Yay! I loved my moby too! Glad it's working for you.

Green22
03-01-2012, 10:09 PM
I agree a million times over. I ADORED my moby - didn't get it until 2 months. Wished I had it from day 1.

I was never able to figure out how to nurse in it though. I think my bewbs are far too saggy and huge for that to work out. I wish I could though, it might make it a little easier with #2.

Melaine
03-01-2012, 10:13 PM
The moby is the #1 newborn sling I always recommend to moms who ask me about slings. I love it! Used it for all three of my kids and then sold it to a friend who also loved it. My favorite was in the summer, I would wear a cami tank top and my newborn in front carry and could nurse so discreetly. I had women who were shocked it was a sling, they thought it was a t-shirt (my tank and moby were both black, I wouldn't recommend black though, since spit up and lint shows on it easily). It was the only sling/carrier where that I was able to use for nursing. I have all the other kinds too, and love those for different reasons, but for a baby under 20 lbs, the moby is my fav.

I would love to be able to nurse with the moby....do you wear it a special way or anything?

Liziz
03-02-2012, 05:55 PM
I don't want to hijack this post, but I just got my Moby and I'm excited to use it...however, I see that it says it's only for babies over 8 lbs, and mine is just around 7 right now....have those of you that used it used it on smaller babies? I tried it out this afternoon and it seemed safe and secure, but I'm a bit paranoid about everything these days...Thanks!

lizzywednesday
03-03-2012, 06:30 PM
I don't want to hijack this post, but I just got my Moby and I'm excited to use it...however, I see that it says it's only for babies over 8 lbs, and mine is just around 7 right now....have those of you that used it used it on smaller babies? I tried it out this afternoon and it seemed safe and secure, but I'm a bit paranoid about everything these days...Thanks!

Tie it tighter than you think it needs to be and check your DD's positioning often.

If she's "visible and kissable" she should be just fine. (Here's the info from the Baby Carrier Industry Alliance: http://babycarrierindustryalliance.memberlodge.org/baby-sling-safety ... and here's the safety handout for Baby K'Tan, which is another stretchy wrap: http://www.figure8maternity.com/images/misc/babyktansafetyhandout.pdf)

I think the 8lbs minimum is kind of a CYA position with all the kerfluffle over the bag-style slings that were in the news 2 years ago - at exactly this time ... ugh, those news stories were ALL over the TV while I was starting my maternity leave and they interviewed some families while I was in the hospital ... UGH - and all companies are trying to be more responsible, IME.

Liziz
03-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Tie it tighter than you think it needs to be and check your DD's positioning often.

If she's "visible and kissable" she should be just fine. (Here's the info from the Baby Carrier Industry Alliance: http://babycarrierindustryalliance.memberlodge.org/baby-sling-safety ... and here's the safety handout for Baby K'Tan, which is another stretchy wrap: http://www.figure8maternity.com/images/misc/babyktansafetyhandout.pdf)

I think the 8lbs minimum is kind of a CYA position with all the kerfluffle over the bag-style slings that were in the news 2 years ago - at exactly this time ... ugh, those news stories were ALL over the TV while I was starting my maternity leave and they interviewed some families while I was in the hospital ... UGH - and all companies are trying to be more responsible, IME.

Thank you!

daisymommy
03-03-2012, 07:36 PM
There are some great You-tube videos that demonstrate wrapping techniques as well as how to nurse in a Moby (cradle position).

I think it's way easier to nurse in a ring sling though. I did it all the time while out shopping and no one had a clue what was going on in there ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

queenmama
03-03-2012, 09:16 PM
I never fell in love with the Moby. Way too hot for me. I prefer Storchs, Girasols, Vatanais, and for when it's really hot out, a Bali Breeze. Woven wraps in general seem to be more comfortable for me.

It's awesome that it's working out for you, though! Hooray for babywearing! :bighand: