PDA

View Full Version : What is with the whining?!

Kymberley
02-29-2012, 12:06 PM
DS, 2.5, has taken to whining over every. single. thing. I'm sure this is normal for his age, but it is driving me frickin insane!!! It's not just whining either, but frequently ear-piercing shrieks that make my head spin. Temper tantrums? I can ignore those for the most part. I let him lay on the floor and cry. When he's finished, he's fine and we have fun again. But the whining and the "NOs" and the shrieking, I just can't handle it. No twisty straws for me either, no alcohol in the house as DH is in recovery. So I'm here, mentally screaming for it all to stop for 5 minutes so I can compose myself. Is it naptime yet? I love naptime.

BabbyO
02-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Just commisserating. My 2.5 yo has been very whiny lately, too. I hope you get a little reprieve at nap time!

glbb35
03-01-2012, 12:34 PM
I feel for ya! I have two 2.5 year olds and one of them is super charming right now and the other is spur whinny. I don't know why and quite honestly don't care. I try to stay centered by reminding myself this is all a phase. I did not have terrible two's with my two oldest. I had trying threes with the second child and now he is into fumbling fives. My oldest was perfect until 4 and he went through those trying fours. so I try to remind myself that my two 2.5 year olds are simply acting their age and will get over it. The closer we get to 3, the happier and more hopeful I become. :)

you are not alone...

B

DS 03, 06,twins 09 and new baby 7/11