PDA

View Full Version : Funny..Hospital bag do over.

infomama
02-29-2012, 08:10 PM
http://www.e-tells-tales.com/2011/07/if-i-could-repack-our-hospital-bag.html

I remember stressing about my hospital bag. Funny how true this is.

rlu
02-29-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm pretty sure the only thing I used from my bag were my own pjs and slippers. The rest just sat there. All I did was attempt to nurse, change diapers and sleep. Oh thank goodness I got to sleep.

DH brought the going-home outfit for me and DS the morning of, no need to have it there at the hospital for two nights.

boogiemomz
02-29-2012, 08:36 PM
Funny! Good blog. :)

anonomom
02-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Heh. We brought SO MUCH garbage to the hospital with DD1. We were such morons, in fact, that when my water broke at 37.5 weeks, we brought all of our birthing books/worksheets/info with us to the hospital because we actually thought we'd have time to learn on the fly all the stuff we should have been practicing for weeks.

It's no wonder I ended up with a c-section.

SnuggleBuggles
02-29-2012, 08:59 PM
I managed to forget a shirt to wear home after ds2's birth center birth. For all the darned thought I put into packing (and yes, i used almost all), I forgot a basic!

KLD313
02-29-2012, 09:47 PM
If I had packed a bag I know it would have been stuffed with useless things. Instead, my water broke and I ended up in the hospital when I was supposed robe allowed to go back home. My BF brought me random stuff and my mom had to go shopping to find me something to wear home because I was so swollen.

AngB
02-29-2012, 11:40 PM
Funny but I think more it's more important to know the hospital you are delivering at because some of the things she has on the don't bring list I brought and "needed", while some of the things she said to bring I didn't need-- (lanolin- the hospital gave me several tubes, breastfeeding pillow, I only used to prop up my feet...on the other hand, DH had to go home to retrieve my pump because I assumed I'd just use the hospital one.)