PDA

View Full Version : B*tch about myself and shopping!!

sidmand
03-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Yes, my name is Debbie and I have a shopping problem!

I've been slowly selling the kids' outgrown stuff on eBay (after I took them to a resale shop and realized I could get a lot more doing it myself).

I recently started selling more items and buying some stuff specifically to resell. I also started REALLY cleaning house and stuff I'm finding that I bought to give as gifts or I bought for myself (but never used and is still in the package) or stuff for the kids we never used. Or stuff that I just forgot to return in time.

Seriously, I can stock my own eBay selling for months without ever leaving my house. More is brand new (or almost brand new) than I would have ever realized.

Okay, even if it's a deal, it's not a deal if you wouldn't have bought in in the first place!! This site has been wonderful for many many things but I'm finding many of the brand new things I can search for a post here to find how much I paid for it originally (because it was a deal posted here!). Granted that's much less than it goes for and I'm hoping to resell the stuff and recoup much of the money, but still. This is pretty sad. :(

I knew I liked to shop but I didn't realize quite how bad it was.

Nicsmom
03-01-2012, 11:27 PM
The good thing is you are on your way to recovery! Really, most people are the same way and they do not recognize it, they don't even see it. It's very easy to fall into the "it's a great deal" trap.

sidmand
03-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Only I don't know how well recovery is going because just hours after I posted that I placed another order at Gifting Grace. Argh. My resolution last year was to do less impulse shopping and I was pretty good. I'm trying to get away from emotional eating and it's turned into emotional shopping! I'm working on it though.

It's a work in progress. :)