PDA

View Full Version : White House Easter Egg Roll: lottery is OPEN

Seitvonzu
03-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Hi Everyone--

It's your local board Easter Bunny reminding everyone to go throw their name into the hat for the White House Easter festivities:

http://www.recreation.gov/marketing.do?goto=/eggLottery.html

We got lucky last year on our first try! Of course when we were doing it we were like "okay we've done it...now we can say we did." Still... i couldn't resist trying again (we might be leaving the area, and it's convenient now, but won't if we move)-- i have lots of ideas about doing it "better." :) (most of these ideas involve obtaining WATER immediately once we get into the first gate) also-- after all was said and done, the pictures were PRICELESS. it was really a neat thing to do. totally worth it (after all was said and done)

good luck fellow bbbs!

wellyes
03-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Thanks, I never would have thought to do it, but I'm in!!

boolady
03-01-2012, 05:13 PM
I just entered, too. Why not? Thanks for the heads up!

ourbabygirl
03-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Thanks for sharing a fun idea! I don't know that I've actually heard of this before, but you're right, it would be a cool experience. Tricky figuring out which time slots to choose in order of preference, as we still have a 1 year old who naps at random times of the day, but whatever!

Hope at least one family on here gets chosen and reports back to tell us about it! :)

Seitvonzu
03-01-2012, 06:40 PM
we went last year and i can say -- don't think too hard ;) we did get our first choice timewise (we wanted lunch time actually since we were driving up from north of baltimore), and it worked out well. but of course, we spent much of our time at the event pretty hungry (we gobbled up the apples whole foods was passing out like crazy and then the 3 of us "fought" over the peeps that they passed out as you were leaving --- i thought that was hysterical because the theme of the day was "get up and move!" and then they hand out 100% sugar... :):):)) (oh and then we hit the first hot dog stand we found when leaving...and then went out for an early pizza dinner at very delicious 2Amys!)

i think last year it was something like a 1 in 10 chance of getting in... or maybe it was 1 in 20? so it's certainly not a "shoe-in" situation. still, it's a well known national tradition, so it's fun to try! :)

good luck everyone!

smiles33
03-01-2012, 06:41 PM
My friend from law school did this with his family (saw it on Facebook) but they flew out from CA! Crazy!

Seitvonzu
03-01-2012, 06:44 PM
here is a picture of my daughter last year-- she is GETTING READY TO ROLL! rolling for her lasted approximately 1.5 revolutions before she STEPPED ON HER EGG :(:(:(

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seitvonzu/5659288635/in/set-72157626486178891/

we still had fun :) here is her after the "roll" with a nice spring arrangement (of course not looking at the camera :))

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seitvonzu/5659860864/in/set-72157626486178891/

ECMom
03-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Thanks for posting. I entered last year but was unsuccessful.