PDA

View Full Version : Gifting Grace Refunds

nebwhit
03-01-2012, 08:42 PM
:cheerleader1: I actually received an email that they issued a refund. Good thing considering I received three duplicate orders today. This place is a mess. They are going to have tons of new arrivals from all the duplicates we ordered. At least I think that I'm not alone. :hysterical:

mypa
03-01-2012, 09:25 PM
That's good to hear you got your refund so quick. If you had multiple orders, did you ship them out together or separately?

poohbear
03-01-2012, 09:34 PM
I got an email about a refund too. Unfortunately I sent in 4 items for return and only got credit for 3 of them. The agent told me that a supervisor would look into it and will be calling me back in 24-48 hours (eye roll)...

elbenn
03-13-2012, 09:34 PM
I sent 7 boxes for refunds (each order was in a separate box). I received emails about 4 refunds a few days ago and then I received another email about a refund, but tjhere are still 2 orders that I sent back that I haven't been given refunds for.

pearcider
03-13-2012, 10:54 PM
I got an email about a refund too. Unfortunately I sent in 4 items for return and only got credit for 3 of them. The agent told me that a supervisor would look into it and will be calling me back in 24-48 hours (eye roll)...

This happened to me too, but they blamed it on me sending items from two separate orders into one return box. Although I did that with another return box and got it refunded just fine. I called and the CSR spoke w/ the supervisor immediately and got me refunded.

Trigglet
03-13-2012, 11:17 PM
I sent back two boxes of returns that were delivered to GG last Monday - got an email about the refund for one of the boxes two days ago (Sun), but so far no word on the other box. If I don't hear about it by tomorrow I think I'll call.

sewarsh
03-13-2012, 11:39 PM
I sent back 4 packages last week and just wrapped up and the last 3 boxes tonight to mail off tomorrow.

Let me tell you, once i shut that trunk i was RELIEVED AND ECSTATIC! Phew...so glad that's over, but it was so much fun and we got some many goodies and presents - net over $600 worth!

Thanks again OP.

Also, I got emails today for the 4 packages sent last week so they seem really on the ball.

SmileMommy
03-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Check your refunds carefully! From one order, I also returned 4 items & was credited for 3; strange thing was that they were aware of the 4th item I returned - so it was weird not being credited for it. They got a supervisor on the line to approve the refund.

sewarsh
03-13-2012, 11:52 PM
Check your refunds carefully! From one order, I also returned 4 items & was credited for 3; strange thing was that they were aware of the 4th item I returned - so it was weird not being credited for it. They got a supervisor on the line to approve the refund.

Ditto. I returned 7 umbrellas, only got credited for 1. Bizarre.

mypa
03-14-2012, 12:10 AM
I just got my first refund email today, two separate emails for different items in the same order (almost like they missed an item and had to send another refund email). I'm expecting a lot of refund emails (8 boxes sent back last week!), thanks for the heads up on checking to make sure it gets back onto our CC correctly.

pearcider
03-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Another issue I had with two refunds from one box is that they totally refunded me the wrong items, but totaling it up it was the correct amount (around 50 cents more too). e.g. I returned the Marc Jacobs messenger bag but instead was credited for the Timbuk2 messenger bag, and this happened to a couple other items.

hellokitty
03-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Another issue I had with two refunds from one box is that they totally refunded me the wrong items, but totaling it up it was the correct amount (around 50 cents more too). e.g. I returned the Marc Jacobs messenger bag but instead was credited for the Timbuk2 messenger bag, and this happened to a couple other items.

Lol, I just had to laugh reading this. They can't seem to get things right. I'm glad that it was at least in your favor.

elbenn
03-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Is anyone else's refund amounts just a little off? I was charged tax, and it's like they calculated the wrong amount and gave me a little less for each refund. Like for a $60 return, it will be about $1.20 less or 2% or so.

pearcider
03-14-2012, 05:24 PM
Is anyone else's refund amounts just a little off? I was charged tax, and it's like they calculated the wrong amount and gave me a little less for each refund. Like for a $60 return, it will be about $1.20 less or 2% or so.

I wasn't charged tax at all. That is strange about the amounts.

AnnieW625
03-14-2012, 05:36 PM
I am just soo glad I never ended up ordering anything!

wifecat
03-14-2012, 09:49 PM
I returned two boxes the other day. One item was $22 when I bought it (so should have been an $11 refund) and then it later dropped to $12 on the site. My refund was for $7 - totally makes no sense - that wasn't even a price point for the item! Guess I'll be calling tomorrow. No email yet for the other return.

But, I got some fantastic deals. It's worth a little headache to me.

nebwhit
03-15-2012, 08:27 AM
They must be overwhelmed with all our returns because my last one was the wrong amount and I'm missing two still. I keep telling myself its worth the hassle.

iaam
03-15-2012, 12:39 PM
So far I have had 6 refunds processed, i.e., show up on my card. All have been correct. I am waiting on three more.

kristabelle
03-15-2012, 01:57 PM
A couple of the last items I received were in less than perfect condition. For example, a manufacturer defect in one item and a dented tin on one of the toys.

The deals were so good, I am tempted to just ignore them.

The refunds I asked for on previous items that arrived broken were processed within a few days. The price adjustments I asked for have taken weeks - I just got two price adjustments from a request I placed three weeks ago. The other price adjustments haven't been processed, and the returns I sent in have not been processed either. At this point, is it worth the time? What would you do?

ett
03-15-2012, 02:28 PM
A couple of the last items I received were in less than perfect condition. For example, a manufacturer defect in one item and a dented tin on one of the toys.

The deals were so good, I am tempted to just ignore them.

The refunds I asked for on previous items that arrived broken were processed within a few days. The price adjustments I asked for have taken weeks - I just got two price adjustments from a request I placed three weeks ago. The other price adjustments haven't been processed, and the returns I sent in have not been processed either. At this point, is it worth the time? What would you do?

You can always contact the manufacturer about the defects. I don't know about the PA's but I'm sure the refunds will be processed. They're probably just backed up because I'm sure they're bombarded with returns right now.

nanoo
03-15-2012, 10:52 PM
Anyone get their order cancelled after getting a shipping notice email? I got a 2/29 shipment notice for my 2/15 order (1st of 3--other 2 received). I called yesterday because I had not received it and the tracking number was a broken link on the 2/29 email...long story short, the csr said it had been cancelled, but could not tell me when! He said I would get a refund 3-5 business days after cancellation, but since he could not say when the order cancelled, he said they would process it beginning yesterday---sounded fishy to me! So, I'm wondering is this has happened to anyone else, especially after you called to check on the order?

Twin Mom
04-07-2012, 12:47 AM
Wanted to bump this up to say that I returned 2 orders in 1 box (bagged separately with copies of orders with returned items circled) and had no problems. It took a little more than a week for the credits to show up on my credit card. Still deciding if I should return anything else.

Choccie
04-07-2012, 01:32 AM
Wanted to bump this up to say that I returned 2 orders in 1 box (bagged separately with copies of orders with returned items circled) and had no problems. It took a little more than a week for the credits to show up on my credit card. Still deciding if I should return anything else.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one still trying to decide! I know I need to figure it out this weekend... is the return policy still 60 days from purchase or is there a final 'close' date for the company (for some reason I have April 8th in my head but I have no idea where that idea has come from - hopefully it's not correct since that would be Sunday!)

Momit
04-07-2012, 07:13 AM
They told me April 29.

Globetrotter
04-07-2012, 12:40 PM
I finally Mailed in my returns. She said April 27, I believe.

I also asked what will happen with all the returns and overstocks, and she said they have been getting that question a lot so I should ask customer service! No response yet! :D

Choccie
04-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks - end of April makes me feel much better. I will definitely get my stuff packed up this weekend and ship it out Monday!

Globetrotter - lol, I keep thinking the same thing about those returns and overstocks, but I'm guessing most of the good stuff I really wanted is long gone (3 sprouts bins etc). Then again this whole run was so much fun I think I'd have to jump on for the ride again!!

Globetrotter
04-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Yeah, I was In a panic thinking I missed the return deadline so I was very relieved!

Imagine if they had a Warehouse sale. It would almost be worth the airfare :rotflmao:

captobey
04-07-2012, 05:22 PM
So I tracked down an email address for a VP at gifting grace and suggested they do a flash sale with the leftovers and returns. He actually wrote me back a nice note saying it was a good die but that, unfortunately, they will not be selling any items past the date they shut down the website. Oh well.....would have been fun but better for my wallet this way!

tarnator
04-07-2012, 06:37 PM
So I tracked down an email address for a VP at gifting grace and suggested they do a flash sale with the leftovers and returns. He actually wrote me back a nice note saying it was a good die but that, unfortunately, they will not be selling any items past the date they shut down the website. Oh well.....would have been fun but better for my wallet this way!

I love that we have all been harassing them to sell us more stuff!

Choccie
04-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Finally went through all 6 orders and put aside what I'm returning - sadly (??!!) only a few things going back - mostly duplicates since I wasn't sure what would ship in which order after my first order arrived missing a bunch of things. I was kinda hoping I'd have more to go back but I had to be strict with myself to even weed out a few dups to send back coz everything is lovely and so inexpensive! I'll post on the BBB if I get time today, otherwise will just return everything mid-week. Have a barefoot dreams chic bamboo wrap (L/XL), couple of the Fringe bath gift sets, tokyo milk hand cream, dwell bird frame, and star wars book, yada yada..

kristal
04-09-2012, 03:44 AM
It is such a pain having to deal with and track all these returns, and then make sure the $$s appear on your CC.

Anyways, I have a couple of questions regarding returns to gifting grace:

1. Has anyone returned an item that they received broken, after 14 days of delivery? were there any problems?
We were traveling for a bit, so I managed to open a lot of my boxes (received over the last 2-3 weeks) only this evening,. And I found that a few of the items are broken (the live-laugh-love frame broken. I didn't even open the bubblewrap. Then the ciffling that DH ordered are also broken). The problem is that I just read at the back or their packing slip that broken items need to be returned within 14 days! I had no idea about this part of their policy.

2. I have managed to misplace one packing slip that had a few of the items that need to go back. Anyone here know what the CS recommends in that case?

3. Return separate orders in the same box or different boxes - going through the emails here, there seems to be no consistent rule or result. Seems like there are people who have sent them in the same box and gotten refunds promptly, and some for whom it has been a problem.
My question is, if I you do return in different boxes, do you use the original huge box to return in, or some other smaller box (if the items to be returned are small in size) from your home.

Thanks!

mypa
04-09-2012, 10:58 AM
I think at this point the 14day period will not be enforced. On my last round of calling them, I didn't even mention things were specifically broken, I just lumped them all together and said they were all missing items. GG just wants to give you a refund regardless if it's missing or broken.

Twice I mailed out 2 orders in 1 box and was refunded properly. I combined shipping when I was returning only 1 or a few items and they were bagged separately. The rest I shipped back separately.

You do not have to use their box. You can ship back in any box.

For the misplaced packing slip, I would call GG and see what they recommend. I bet they will just have you print out your order confirmation email.

Globetrotter
04-09-2012, 11:39 AM
I wouldn't stress. Call them to confirm for piece of mind, but they said pack in a box but separate the orders so it is Clear what goes with what order.

Make copies of the return forms for your record and get a tracking number.

Just indicate broken items under return code.

If you are missing a packing slip, not sure but I bet you print it out from your email.

kristal
04-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks guys! I spoke to the gifting grace CS. The lady on the phone was nice enough to give me a refund for a broken frame without me having to send it back. For the other items she said that they are advising to send separate orders in separate boxes.

For the missing packing slip (and hence missing prepaid label), she checked with her supervisor. Since I don't have the prepaid label, her supervisor said that I would have to ship the items back on my own dime, because the reason for my return was not that they were broken, but because they were much bigger that I had imagined (the cafe bella oversized mugs). She said she will try to refund me shipping if I send it in, but cannot promise.

I might actually just try to put them in with another box with items from some other order that I need to return.

Globetrotter
04-09-2012, 08:36 PM
I might actually just try to put them in with another box with items from some other order that I need to return.

There is no consistency between reps! I would put it with another order, probably.