PDA

View Full Version : Narrowest infant carseat for 3 across that lets you keep the handle up?

Katigre
03-01-2012, 11:21 PM
We will have a three across situation come August and I'm doing some research now on what carseat to get for the baby. I need NARROW and not necessarily a high height/weight limit b/c I stop using the infant seat by 5-7 months old.

But due to the size of our car I would like a seat that doesn't require you to put the handle down. I had looked at the Babytrend FlexLoc which was narrow but I have been told the handle must be down when in use?

Thanks!

Joolsplus2
03-02-2012, 09:24 AM
Probably Snugride 30, it's base is super narrow. What other seats are you working with, and in what car? (it's more about the puzzling, than the width, usually :))

epiclesis
03-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Probably Snugride 30, it's base is super narrow. What other seats are you working with, and in what car? (it's more about the puzzling, than the width, usually :))

The Shuttle isn't narrower than the Snugride? Too lazy to look it up. :D

Joolsplus2
03-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Oh, might be...hmmm...no, I think the SR is narrower at the foot-end of the base. I can check them out tonight at work, though.
I dislike the Shuttle for other reasons so I never even remember it (weird install, puzzle buckle...if it's got extra things for a mom to remember to use to do it right or get it installed right, I tend to cross it off my list pretty fast...personal foible I need to get over!)
:)