PDA

View Full Version : Need help with birthday invitation

Dream
03-01-2012, 11:51 PM
DD2 is turning 1 end of this month and we're planning a party at a restaurant. This is kids and adults too. Time frame we decided was 4.30pm to 8.30pm. However, usually by 6.30pm DD2 is done for the day. So we want to cut the cake by 5.30pm and my community is not high on punctuality. So in the invitation I want to inform that we're cutting the cake at 5.30pm, can you please give me some nice way of saying this?

Any ideas would be appreciated!! Thank you.

crl
03-01-2012, 11:56 PM
I'd just add a line below the time for the party that says, "Cake cutting at 5:30pm"

Happy birthday to your little one and have a fun party!

Catherine

SnuggleBuggles
03-01-2012, 11:58 PM
If your hours aren't set in stone, I'd say 4 hour is pretty killer all around for a party unless little one can have somewhere to escape to. 2 hours and be done. :)

Otherwise, just saying what PP suggested is good.

Dream
03-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Catherine, thank you for your suggestion.

If your hours aren't set in stone, I'd say 4 hour is pretty killer all around for a party unless little one can have somewhere to escape to. 2 hours and be done. :)

Otherwise, just saying what PP suggested is good.

I would love to. But the invitees won't be too happy and we'll never here the end of it. If it was only up to me and DH, we would only do a kids party. But instead we have to cater to 50 ppl. No way of getting out of it. DD is usually good at sleeping in the car seat or the stroller.