PDA

View Full Version : How to send clothing items sold on EBay?

Hippoharbor
03-02-2012, 09:15 AM
I just sold some of DS's clothes on Ebay, but am now left not knowing how to package these items to send in the mail. When I have bought from others, they often have it in a bag of some sort. I would prefer to do bags than boxes, as I would assume that would lower the shipping cost due to less weight.

Do you know where I can buy these bags?

Thanks

mom2binsd
03-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Most are available in bulk on ebay, however, since your item already sold I'd find a bag at home if you can, or use a ziplock and envelope, you don't want to wait too long before shipping as your buyer will get antsy!

Do you have any used bags, you can turn them inside out and reuse.

If you are sending it priority they have free envelopes for you to use.

MolieMuts
03-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Most are available in bulk on ebay, however, since your item already sold I'd find a bag at home if you can, or use a ziplock and envelope, you don't want to wait too long before shipping as your buyer will get antsy!

Do you have any used bags, you can turn them inside out and reuse.

If you are sending it priority they have free envelopes for you to use.

:yeahthat:

If your clothes are less than 13 oz., just use a plain envelope as PP mentioned. If they are over 13 oz., use a free priority bag from the post office. You can weigh your clothes on the self serve scale at the PO or they can weigh it for you.
If you decide to sell more clothes in the future, buy the poly mailers in bulk on Ebay. 10 x 13 is a good size for most clothes.

DebbieJ
03-02-2012, 02:00 PM
I save all the polymailers I receive and then reuse them. Cost=$0

jerigirl
03-02-2012, 02:52 PM
I save all the polymailers I receive and then reuse them. Cost=$0

:yeahthat:
Also- another option for next time is to order from USPS.com the padded flat rate envelopes (they can really be stuffed!) and make your labels on the usps website. These are not available in the PO so you have to order them and the rate is 20 cents more than the cardboard FRE and you can not make the label thru Paypal. But you can pay with PP thru the USPS site.