PDA

View Full Version : When did you feel better?

ExcitedMamma
03-02-2012, 11:46 AM
I was miserable for my entire pregnancy with my son so the idea of feeling better in the 2nd trimester is a myth to me. For those of you who did feel better when did it happen? I'm 12 wks now and still nauseous and really fatigued. Also do you just wake up one morning and feel great or is it more gradual?

Thank you!

hellokitty
03-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Unfortunately, there is no right or wrong answer for this question. Everyone is different. I felt like crap for all three of my pregnancies, but then there are some women who love being pregnant for their entire pregnancy. I do think it's harder after your first one, since you have to keep after another child and can't rest when you need too. I hope it gets better for you soon.

BDKmom
03-02-2012, 11:58 AM
I never felt the second trimester relief that a lot of women get with DS, but this time I did start to feel gradually better around 14 weeks. Nausea went away, felt more energetic, etc. Now, at 26 weeks, the aches and pains are starting up, so I guess it's downhill from here.

Hope you get some relief soon!

wallawala
03-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Hope you feel better soon! There's nothing worse than having the books all say you should be feeling normal again after 12 weeks, and still be miserable!

Everyone is different, but so is every preganancy, so have hope! I was on zofran until 22 weeks with my first, but only until about week 15 with my second. My second pregancy and baby were way easier on me than my first, so hang in there! Hope you are equally lucky! I used the misery as justification to "treat' myself a little more here and there. :)

For me the feeling better was always gradual... like... "oh wow! I only threw up 3 times this WHOLE week! Yea!"

cookiemonster80
03-02-2012, 12:10 PM
I agree with PP's it is different for each person/pregnancy- but for whatever it's worth with both of mine I was sick as a dog- like lost 20 pounds, laying on the floor, couldn't move sick until 14.5 weeks (believe me I was counting) and then it gradually got better until 18 weeks when I felt like could function like a semi normal person.

♥ms.pacman♥
03-02-2012, 12:20 PM
i finally started feeling better (nausea gone, appetite returned) around 20 weeks.

morning sickness SUCKS. actually one of the reasons i had mine so close together was so that i could get the 2nd pregnancy "over with" and i didn't have to think about it anymore. we knew we wanted at least 2 kids. i know that sounds horrible, but really, right now if i didn't have DD i would have the notion of a 2nd pregnancy looming over me (like "ugh, some day i iwll have to do it again), and now i am so glad i don't have to think about it anymore. it sounds bad but am glad i may never have to do it again. morning sickness is horrible!!

KLD313
03-02-2012, 12:52 PM
The first time I felt better at 14 weeks and then felt great throughout the second trimester. This time the nausea subsided around 11 or 12 weeks. I'm 15 weeks now and I'm still really tired and even though the nausea is much better every once in awhile something sets me off. I wish the fatigue would go away.

swissair81
03-02-2012, 01:09 PM
With my first 4, I felt better around 14 weeks or so. I'm 14+ weeks now and nothing doing. I truly hope I do not feel so tired my whole pregnancy. My nausea is much better. There are things I know to stay away from, and every so often I will find something surprising that totally makes me gag.

daisymommy
03-02-2012, 01:28 PM
With my babies 1-3, the magic number was week 13. It was like a light switch was flipped, and all of a sudden I felt great, was glowing, and had my energy back.

With this one, #4, it took until 17 weeks. I didn't think I would ever feel better! But eventually, I did.

Crossing my fingers for you that you get some relief soon!

sntm
03-03-2012, 05:28 PM
My first was earlier, but this one was a gradual improvement over a week or two around 19-20 weeks.

ExcitedMamma
03-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Thanks so much everyone for sharing your experiences and your kind thoughts! I am still feeling awful but I can't complain because this is so much better than when I was pregnant with my son. Hopefully there's a chance this time around I will get to feel better soon.