PDA

View Full Version : Getting my emergency pack ready - Help!

Kymberley
03-02-2012, 12:30 PM
This is the first time I've put one together. We are right smack dab in the middle of the predicted severe weather/tornado outbreak area. I've got diapers, wipes, first aid kit, water, snacks, flashlights. What else do I need to pack? TIA!

lizzywednesday
03-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Documents - birth certificates, bank acc't info, mortgage, homeowners' insurance, passports (if you have them), credit/debit cards, will (if you have one), medical insurance cards

Prescription meds

Clothing - jammies, couple days' worth of clothes, extra socks & undies

Comfort items for kids; comfort items for mama & dad; maxi pads/tampons

Extra batteries for flashlights

Radio

Cell chargers for car & cell phones

Is your car fueled & ready to go?

wallawala
03-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Warm coats/sleeping bags for the car if you need to evacuate and it's still cold outside. Just in case you get stranded on the road. Might not be an issue in KY now.

If you have time, back up of digital files on your computer like photos. Not worth doing in the heat of the moment, but nice to have a portable hard drive or SD card pre-loaded that could be slipped in your pocket for the future.

Kymberley
03-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Documents - birth certificates, bank acc't info, mortgage, homeowners' insurance, passports (if you have them), credit/debit cards, will (if you have one), medical insurance cards

Prescription meds

Clothing - jammies, couple days' worth of clothes, extra socks & undies

Comfort items for kids; comfort items for mama & dad; maxi pads/tampons

Extra batteries for flashlights

Radio

Cell chargers for car & cell phones

Is your car fueled & ready to go?

Excellent, thank you! Car is ready, but I have a bit more work to do.

Kymberley
03-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Warm coats/sleeping bags for the car if you need to evacuate and it's still cold outside. Just in case you get stranded on the road. Might not be an issue in KY now.

If you have time, back up of digital files on your computer like photos. Not worth doing in the heat of the moment, but nice to have a portable hard drive or SD card pre-loaded that could be slipped in your pocket for the future.

Good ideas as well. Thank you!

c&j04
03-03-2012, 02:42 PM
:BUMP: hoping you and your family are all safe today. Looks like it got intense in your area!