PDA

View Full Version : My Baby Slept Through the Night!!

indigo99
03-02-2012, 03:23 PM
I'd do the happy dance if I weren't already so tired from not sleeping for 5.5 months (really longer since I couldn't sleep the last two months of pregnancy).

DS2 has been sleeping with me and waking every hour or two at night. He's also nursing 1-2x during the night. I've gotten so used to not sleeping that it's been taking me longer and longer to get to sleep - averaging about 5hrs a night total (made up of 3-4 naps).

Last night we started sleep training. It took him 45 minutes to go to sleep, but then he slept 7 hours straight! I was in shock. When he finally did wake up, I found him with both legs sticking out (up to his thighs) between the slats in the crib. He was on his stomach and couldn't turn over with his legs stuck like that. One sock was off, and his pants were pushed up by the slats so his legs and foot were ice cold. I felt really sorry for him, but I'm so happy that he slept!!

We didn't realize that he'd outgrown the size small sleepsack until we tried to put him to bed. I'm going through boxes today to find the mediums so that I don't have to worry about his legs getting stuck/cold again. I hate to think that they were like that all night, but they probably were. We were checking on him every ten minutes at the point when he finally dozed oft, and he didn't complain at all during the night.

mackmama
03-02-2012, 03:27 PM
WooHoo!!!! Yay for sleep! :cheerleader1:

peanut520
03-02-2012, 03:50 PM
hooray!! :yay:who know you may get a few extra hours too if he feet dont get cold tonight!

Mopey
03-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Yaaaaay!!!! :bighand:

(I am in the not really sleeping well 38th week and am getting scared of lack of sleep! :ROTFLMAO:)

TxCat
03-02-2012, 11:26 PM
Yay!!! What a great feeling to finally get more than a couple of hours of sleep in a row!!!

SnuggleBuggles
03-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Best thing ever!!