PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I have to pee....

Melaine
03-03-2012, 09:05 AM
CONSTANTLY. Even right after I pee....

Is the baby just right on my bladder? I mean, the sheet from the hospital said to call if you are having increased urination but it's really really hard to gauge that at this point. Plus I am supposed to be pushing fluids so I truly AM having to pee about 4 times an hour.

Anyone else? I'm 30 weeks.

SnuggleBuggles
03-03-2012, 09:21 AM
UTI?

At bedtime i have a tiP that I read about that really worked. Pee, then go to bed, do a few cat stretches on your hands and knees then immediately lay down. The cat stretches help get baby repositioned off your bladder.

123LuckyMom
03-03-2012, 09:22 AM
It's probably no big deal, but I would get tested for a UTI or bladder infection anyway. In pregnancy the symptoms can be really different than normal, and an untreated infection can become something more serious quickly. Probably it's just another lovely gift from your pregnancy, but I would test just in case.

Melaine
03-03-2012, 09:32 AM
UTI?

At bedtime i have a tiP that I read about that really worked. Pee, then go to bed, do a few cat stretches on your hands and knees then immediately lay down. The cat stretches help get baby repositioned off your bladder.

That is cool. I will totally try that. thanks.

I really really don't think it's a UTI....I tested negative at the hospital on Monday and I've been chugging water like CRAZY since then. If I keep feeling like this I will probably call them though. I do have an appointment on Monday.

BabyBearsMom
03-03-2012, 10:21 AM
This happens to me when the baby is sitting on my bladder. Are you having a lot of urine when you pee or is it just a trickle each time? For me it is a trickle each time even though it feels like my bladder is about the bust. Hopefully baby will shift over a little bit!

ast96
03-03-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm 30 weeks too and I'm not having that symptom at all... definitely check-in with your doc on Monday!

edurnemk
03-03-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm 22 weeks and I recently joked with a friend at the office that I'm going to have to move my office into the bathroom, LOL. However it's more like once every 45 min- 1 hour.

You said you're chugging water like crazy, so you're drinking a lot more than normal? Maybe that's why. But I would check with the Dr. since peeing every 15 minutes seems like a lot.

sntm
03-03-2012, 05:28 PM
I'm in the same boat. He's really snuggled down low, so anytime he moves it either pushes on or closes off my bladder. Anatomically, I can't figure out the last one, but I sometimes just can't pee until he shifts a little. I'm also getting punched in the cervix, which is LOADS of fun. And I swear my uterus is going to have a permanent dent from where it is pushed right up against my public bone.

BDKmom
03-03-2012, 06:21 PM
I had this problem with DS toward the end. I would stand up off the toilet and feel like I had to go again. I think he was either pressing into my bladder or hitting a nerve that is responsible for making you feel the bladder full sensation. Usually I would try to get him to shift a little and sometimes that would help.

MSWR0319
03-03-2012, 06:31 PM
I have that sometimes and I'm 30 weeks too. I think it's where the baby is. Earlier on I was having it and thought nothing and turns out it was a UTI. I'd just mention it on Monday but I think it's the baby.

Liziz
03-03-2012, 07:08 PM
I had that too throughout my pregnancy, especially towards the last trimester. I was told by my OB that in addition to the baby pushing on the bladder, the changes in the muscle tone down there make it hard sometimes to get everything out when you go -- which is why you may feel like you stand up and need to go again. That being said, I was also warned it's a UTI symptom, so definitely tell your provider at your next appointment.

daisymommy
03-03-2012, 07:32 PM
I also lean back and forth, side to side when I think I'm done going to the bathroom. Often it will shift the baby and I can empty more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fumofu
03-03-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm peeing at least once an hour, at least since 30 weeks. At my 34-week appointment earlier this week, OB said baby's head is down. And yes, I can definitely feel that head's weight!

sntm
03-03-2012, 08:35 PM
I also lean back and forth, side to side when I think I'm done going to the bathroom. Often it will shift the baby and I can empty more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally figured out this trick.

queenmama
03-03-2012, 09:03 PM
I'm in the same boat. He's really snuggled down low, so anytime he moves it either pushes on or closes off my bladder. Anatomically, I can't figure out the last one, but I sometimes just can't pee until he shifts a little. I'm also getting punched in the cervix, which is LOADS of fun. And I swear my uterus is going to have a permanent dent from where it is pushed right up against my public bone.

:yeahthat:

This sounds like my LO all over!

I was just tested for a UTI this week because I've been having the non-stop peeing issue for weeks, but it came back all clear. I try rocking around on the pot but she waits til I'm back in bed to change position, which makes me feel the need to go all over again... Fun times!

Tondi G
03-04-2012, 03:57 AM
Not preggo now but when I was pregnant with DS2 he was all cuddled up on my bladder for the last 2.5 months. I was tested for a UTI so many times cause I swore it had to be an infection. My DH and Best Friend used to laugh when I would lay on the couch with my hips elevated up on the arm in an attempt to get DS off my bladder.... it only mildly helped. Hope your little one shifts and you don't feel the urgency so much. It was so aggravating. I second the suggestion to try shifting your position/rocking while sitting on the toilet... it helped sometimes.

Mopey
03-04-2012, 01:13 PM
I am 38 weeks and wake up at least 3 or 4 times a night since I have always been a big drinker ;) But seriously, I probably drink 8 to 10 20 oz. glasses of very watered down juice a day. I also feel the need to tinkle right after I have (will try that shifting move) and I probably go to the bathroom at least twice an hour if not more. I try to drink less before bed but just can't. So I end up waking up and my longest stretch of sleep is after around 5am or 6am. I feel very lucky I am on hiatus already because I sleep until 10am or so when I can now.

I am trying to just realize it is nature's prep for the lack of sleep that will begin in earnest some time in the next couple of weeks. I've never had a UTI or anything so if other PP suggest getting tested then maybe you should?