PDA

View Full Version : Disney with three kids...

buddyleebaby
03-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Is your only option for staying in a Disney resort getting a suite or staying at a deluxe hotel?

I'd like to stay at a Disney resort if possible, simply for the transportation, but we do not need two rooms. My little one still sleeps with us, and the older two climb in half the time as well.

buddyleebaby
03-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Secret Option: Getting two rooms in a value resort, bringing Grandma along to baby-sit in the evenings. :cheerleader1:

crl
03-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Secret Option: Getting two rooms in a value resort, bringing Grandma along to baby-sit in the evenings. :cheerleader1:

Perfect! :D

Catherine

WatchingThemGrow
03-03-2012, 10:35 PM
We've done 5 at the Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Pop Century and Port Orleans Riverside with a Pack N Play. POR has a trundle bed, and Polynesian has a sofa /bed thing if you ask for the right kind of room.

ETA: gosh, we sound like disney junkies, but we really just go for 1-2 nights on the way to see my mom.

kbud
03-03-2012, 11:01 PM
We were just at the contemporary. We had 2 Queen beds and what they called a day bed. it was a couch that turned into a single bed. We only have 4 but my sister was with us and they have 3 kids. It worked out great for them. My brother in law took the single bed by himself! The reservations system though still only let us put 4 in a room so we just divided the kids between our room and my mom's room to have 4. Although when we got there they said 5 was just fine.

When we went with them last year we stayed at a value resort and she was able to get a roll away for a small daily charge. Again though we had to divide the kids up on the reservation as it didn't allow more than 4 on-line. The room was really small though and cramped with the roll away but doable. The Contemporary was so roomy, but much more expensive.

I must say I hate the on-line reservation system. It's so not user friendly in my opinion!

klwa
03-05-2012, 07:59 AM
We got one of the value suites last time we stayed, for just the 4 of us. And it was nice. I'd lean towards that or getting 2 rooms at a value. :)

hellokitty
03-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Port Orleans riverside has rooms in alligator bayou for families of five. They have a Murphy bed that it a little bit smaller than a twin in addition to two queen beds. We will be staying there next time since ds3 will be 3 this summer.

Roni
03-07-2012, 11:38 AM
How old is the youngest? If he/ she is under 3, they shouldn't count. (That's what we're planning on for our trip--we're going to request a Pack'N'Play, although she'll probaly sleep with us.)

peanut520
03-07-2012, 12:43 PM
How old is the youngest? If he/ she is under 3, they shouldn't count. (That's what we're planning on for our trip--we're going to request a Pack'N'Play, although she'll probaly sleep with us.)

i was told you had to list them for fire code/occupancy reasons plus they will need to be on the reservation to be transported by magical express even though they are free.

WatchingThemGrow
03-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Port Orleans riverside has rooms in alligator bayou for families of five. They have a Murphy bed that it a little bit smaller than a twin in addition to two queen beds. We will be staying there next time since ds3 will be 3 this summer.
really? ours was a trundle, but I'm not sure it was in alligator bayou. It wasn't far from the fishing hole/bus area.

hellokitty
03-07-2012, 01:02 PM
really? ours was a trundle, but I'm not sure it was in alligator bayou. It wasn't far from the fishing hole/bus area.

They refurbished the rooms and now it is a pull down murphy bed. I think it is still a tad smaller than a twin, but it looks really nice.

Here is a link to a pic of the murphy bed. Personally, all THREE of my kids would fight to sleep in the cool bed next to an alligator, lol!

http://www.portorleans.org/gallery-guest-SurlyMermaid.php