PDA

View Full Version : Babymoons

sntm
03-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Anyone taking one? We just got back from annual trip to Cabo with SO's family and although it was wonderful and relaxing, I still wanted a little weekend trip with just the two (and a half) of us. So, booked a weekend away at the San Juan Islands, which is just a short drive + ferry ride away) at the end of this month. My goal is to do almost nothing while we are there, though part of me feels bad about missing out on the kayaking, etc.

LMPC
03-03-2012, 09:09 PM
DH and I took a babymoon when I was 5 mos pregnant to St Kitts. And the goal was to do nothing but sit around in the sun and eat good food. I think it's the only vacation I have ever come back from rested. It was fantastic!

queenmama
03-03-2012, 09:10 PM
I really, really wish.

We wanted to make our Spring Break trek to SXSW but it's just not practical this year... I'll be 34 weeks and it's a looooong drive to Austin. Too far to risk it. So bummed.

If I still lived in my hometown I would settle for a weekend in San Francisco or Monterey or Napa. Boo for relocating!

BDKmom
03-03-2012, 09:19 PM
We hope to get away for a night or two. Not sure how long we can leave DS. He would do fine, but my MIL would be the one to keep him, and not sure how long she could tolerate taking care of him by herself. I keep looking for cheap flights and DH has some Hilton points we could use. We'll see.

MSWR0319
03-03-2012, 09:24 PM
That would be wonderful! With DH's work schedule I'm lucky I got him to block his schedule off a few weeks before and after my due date. Although, maybe we could do an overnight trip somewhere.

vludmilla
03-03-2012, 09:28 PM
We took at two week trip to Maui in the summer before DD was born. It ranks high as among my favorite vacations. we alternated between just relaxing and sightseeing. I had fantasies of moving to Maui for months after the trip. If I get pregnant again, I would consider a trip but it would include DD so it would necessarily be quite different.

lmh2402
03-04-2012, 08:05 PM
we went to st. lucia for a week before DS was born - it was awesome

i was hoping to get away this time too...until DH decided to book himself a little trip with "guys only" instead :thumbsdown::hopmad::32:

so...i am now going "girls only" with my mom and sister. (fingers crossed)...just to FL, but it will still be warmer than here, with a beach right there and few days to relax.

BabyBearsMom
03-04-2012, 08:49 PM
We just got back from ours. It was just 2 nights but it really helped. It was also DH's 30th birthday present. Also I needed it just so I could see that being away from DD1 for a few nights would be ok sice that was really stressing me for the birth.