PDA

View Full Version : I know I am SO behind, but Bridesmaids was HILARIOUS!!

twowhat?
03-03-2012, 11:23 PM
So if you are in the market for a rental and haven't seen this yet - see it! DH loved it too, and I am STILL laughing thinking about parts of the movie. Especially the crack-his-blanket-in-half line. OMG. I nearly died, which just made DH laugh even harder.

trcy
03-04-2012, 03:27 PM
People at work were talking about how funny it was the other day. I haven't seen it yet....guess I am pretty behind as well. I guess I really do need to rent it.

baboki
03-04-2012, 03:56 PM
"Gone With The Wind" is also quite good. LOL!

Mopey
03-04-2012, 04:53 PM
I agree that parts of it are SO funny, and Melissa McCarthy is balls-out amazing - just like one of the guys, she will do anything for a laugh! Love that!

Maybe the following is a SPOLIER?? Not sure...

I will say parts of it were really sad IMHO. But I am also in the position of being the only married or expecting a baby person with a few of my friends, and my very bff of 22 years is having a really rough time with the changes and her life in general (got drunk and weepy at my shower as she is having troubles, etc. :() so I found certain parts tough to watch.

Pinky
03-04-2012, 09:24 PM
We LOVED this movie. The whole wedding dress shop scene almost had me rolling in the floor. They showed part of it on the Academy Awards and it was even funnier than I remember. Melissa McCarthy definitely stole the show!

About your spoiler below... the second time I watched this I definitely realized that it is a lot sappier than I had originally thought. There's definitely more to it than just being a hilarious comedy.

I agree that parts of it are SO funny, and Melissa McCarthy is balls-out amazing - just like one of the guys, she will do anything for a laugh! Love that!

Maybe the following is a SPOLIER?? Not sure...

I will say parts of it were really sad IMHO. But I am also in the position of being the only married or expecting a baby person with a few of my friends, and my very bff of 22 years is having a really rough time with the changes and her life in general (got drunk and weepy at my shower as she is having troubles, etc. :() so I found certain parts tough to watch.