PDA

View Full Version : PeaPod and Vomit - Help!

a2mom
03-04-2012, 07:32 PM
How do I get the smell of vomit out of a Kidco PeaPod Plus? My toddler threw up ALL OVER herself and the PeaPod a couple of days ago. I did a basic clean up on the PeaPod that night (wiped it down with washcloths) and then wiped it down several times again with anti-bacterial soap and water then next day. The sour-milk-vomit smell is still lingering. I can't wash it in the machine: how do I clean and disinfect this thing???

edurnemk
03-04-2012, 07:34 PM
You could try wiping it down with a solution of water and vinegar, the vinegar smell disperses very quickly and it neutralizes other odors. It's also a disinfectant. DS threw up in his Peapod once but it was mostly on the sleeping bag, which I just tossed in the wash.

alexsmommy
03-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Nature's Miracle. Sold in pet stores. Learned about it here. Best. Stuff. Ever. Gets the vomit smell out completely.

DietCokeLover
03-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Nature's Miracle. Sold in pet stores. Learned about it here. Best. Stuff. Ever. Gets the vomit smell out completely.

:yeahthat:

a2mom
03-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the tips! I just tried the vinegar & water treatment tonight so I'll see how it goes and then try Nature's Miracle if it still stinks.

Nature's Miracle: is that something I spray on, mix with water, or put on then rinse? Does it disinfect?

twowhat?
03-04-2012, 10:33 PM
I second Nature's Miracle! You can buy it in a spray bottle or in a jug (we always keep a gallon jug in the house). If you buy the jug, soak a washcloth with it and wipe the solution on well - make sure you get into all the crevices. Or put some in a spray bottle and spray all over.

Can you hose off the Peapod? If so that will probably really help too.