PDA

View Full Version : Yet anther Beyoncé post...breast feeding in public

TwinFoxes
03-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Great for the pro BF movement. And either this is the most elaborate hoax EVER, or she was really pregnant. ;)

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2012/03/01/breastfeeding-advocates-praise-beyonce-for-nursing-daughter-in-public/

AnnieW625
03-04-2012, 11:54 PM
Yep that's cool! Good for her for not being afraid to get out and about with a newborn. Huge :thumbsup:

american_mama
03-05-2012, 01:29 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/JohnnyCharger1968/Emoticons/ThisThreadIsWorthlessWithoutPics.gif

citymama
03-05-2012, 02:33 AM
Yay, Beyoncé! That is so great! And I'm sure it will help lay all those "fake pregnancy" rumors to rest once and for all. I hope the rumor mongering media is going to apologize now.

MontrealMum
03-05-2012, 03:19 AM
Yay for Beyonce!!!

WatchingThemGrow
03-05-2012, 07:11 AM
Woo hoo! Do you remember the first restaurant where you BF a baby while eating? Mine was one of those family style restaurants where they set out huge bowls of for your whole party.

I know one of the doctors in the article, lol!

wellyes
03-05-2012, 08:03 AM
I'm starting to like this lady very much.

TwinFoxes
03-05-2012, 08:06 AM
Woo hoo! Do you remember the first restaurant where you BF a baby while eating? Mine was one of those family style restaurants where they set out huge bowls of for your whole party.

Not really a restaurant, but I do remember BF on an airplane on our move to Washington DC. It went well, considering. :)

*myfoursons
03-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Just to feed the conspiracy theorists -- a couple of sites are saying her people fed the stories to the press, the whole "sources claim" thing celebrities' publicists do.

I'm going to be the wacko who still thinks she was never pregnant. I love a good conspiracy! I still think Suri's father was Tommy boy's cousin, that guy from Lost. I obviously spend too much time reading gossip sites.

boogiemomz
03-05-2012, 09:41 AM

Mine was a California Pizza Kitchen, I think she was about 10 days old. Nursing was very tough but wonderful for me, but it was cut way too short by extreme circumstances. I made a list of all the places I remember NIPing.

I give Beyonce props for NIPing when she knows she is so much in the limelight. But it still strikes me as so bizarre that people still get so worked up about this. The bit about the woman getting kicked out of Victoria's Secret for nursing her baby, an "indecent" act? IN VICTORIA'S SECRET?!?? Is this the Twilight Zone?

citymama
03-05-2012, 12:34 PM

Mine was at aMalaysian restaurant where we went for my 33rd birthday (with DD1) when she was less than 2 weeks old. I was pretty clumsy but I was so proud I did it!

BabyBearsMom
03-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Major props to Beyonce for this! Also, I keep saying every time I see her post-pardum pictures, those are some BF'ing tatas.

sntm
03-05-2012, 01:05 PM

Hmm, so do I! I went to medical school with her.

ETA: I should not read the comments on sites like that. It raises my blood pressure.

buddyleebaby
03-05-2012, 01:13 PM

I was stuck at the bank trying to figure out an issue with our account. (They had been mixing our up with someone else). DD1 was fussy and I was a FTM of a tiny baby and totally freaking out about having to NIP, worried about her pulling off/leaking/etc. A teller at the bank pulled a chair over to her desk and said "You do what you need to do for that baby and don't worry about it." Then she walked away to give me time to get settled.

Three nursed kids later, I have nursed in many a place and not thought twice about it, but I will *never* forget the first time or that woman.

MamaMolly
03-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Yay! That is really sweet. Good for her, imagine *knowing* everyone is looking instead of just feeling like it...Good for her!

AnnieW625
03-05-2012, 02:45 PM

I only did it once, it was a Mexican restaurant we were at for a funeral reception, DD2 was only 8 days old. No one really noticed as I had a cover and DD2 nursed like a champ. After that even though it was successful we stuck with bottles of breast milk when we went out to eat because that was just easier with DD1 who was usually always in tow, and she was very curious about the whole breast feeding thing and I just wanted to play it safe and hopefully not flash anyone who might have been walking by if DD1 got excited about it if she decided to hid underneath the cover too.

essnce629
03-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Yay for Beyonce! We went out to eat Saturday night and there was a mom nursing her 6 month old baby at the table next to us. Yay to her too!

I can't remember the first restaurant I nursed in public in. I did nurse DS1 in Costco once while walking around and carrying him in a sling. I was pretty proud of that multitasking!

speo
03-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Just to feed the conspiracy theorists -- a couple of sites are saying her people fed the stories to the press, the whole "sources claim" thing celebrities' publicists do.

I'm going to be the wacko who still thinks she was never pregnant. I love a good conspiracy! I still think Suri's father was Tommy boy's cousin, that guy from Lost. I obviously spend too much time reading gossip sites.

I'm with you. I think it is just such a fun story that she faked her pregnancy. It amuses me. So until there is real hard evidence I am going with it is a conspiracy theory.

hellokitty
03-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Good for her! I don't remember the first time I NIP, but I remember being so nervous. It gets easier each time though, I always encourage moms who are terrified to NIP that it just takes a little bit of practice.

AnnieW625
03-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Good for her! I don't remember the first time I NIP, but I remember being so nervous. It gets easier each time though, I always encourage moms who are terrified to NIP that it just takes a little bit of practice.

:yeahthat: if I wouldn't have nursed DD2 in that restaurant I don't know if I would have done it as much as I did, which was almost daily or on an every other day basis from the time she was a newborn until she was weaned at almost 4 months old. I mainly did it at the park or the beach or after Stroller Strides. I also had a wonderful cover I got from Elektra which made doing it so much easier. A Babe Au Lait nursing cover is now one of my go to gifts for new moms. With DD1 it just wasn't something I was super comfortable with so I never did it on a regular basis.

stillplayswithbarbies
03-05-2012, 06:37 PM
I have no opinion on whether she was pregnant or not, but it is certainly possible to breastfeed an adopted child. I did. :) In public too.

Kymberley
03-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Yay for Beyonce! We went out to eat Saturday night and there was a mom nursing her 6 month old baby at the table next to us. Yay to her too!

I can't remember the first restaurant I nursed in public in. I did nurse DS1 in Costco once while walking around and carrying him in a sling. I was pretty proud of that multitasking!

I nursed DS while walking around IKEA once. He was either in the Ergo or Beco, can't remember, and I quickly latched him on. I was SO proud, lol!

ZeeBaby
03-05-2012, 08:42 PM
I can't remember a restaurant, but I nursed both DD on airplanes.

ZeeBaby
03-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Go Bey!!! I think it is so awesome that she did this!

bisous
03-05-2012, 08:45 PM
I for one have always believed she was pregnant. I think Beyonce is amazing--beautiful, talented and seems like a nice person (but who really knows). Yay for her and her baby!

ditty
03-06-2012, 02:31 PM
I usually try to nurse right before going into a restaurant or right after, but if I couldn't, I would nurse while I was there.

We went to Game 1 and Game 7 of the World Series this year and DS was 4 weeks old at the time and I nursed him right there in my seat! I had my cover and my sister and DH helped make sure the wind didn't grab a hold of it. If you're discreet I think most people are oblivious to what's happening anyway.