PDA

View Full Version : Stay or Go?

HIU8
03-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Situation. You take your DC to a bday party. They throw up (a lot). Your other child has been sick. Do you stay at the party, or do you take your child and leave?

Twins2000
03-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Absolutely leave.

o_mom
03-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Unless there was an obvious other cause of the vomiting (choked on food and vomited, spun on a tire swing for 10 min straight and puked immediately after getting off), you leave.

elizabethkott
03-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Run. Run for the hills.

boilermakermom
03-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Leave immediately.

lil_acorn
03-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Leave immediately.

:yeahthat:

kristenk
03-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Definitely leave at any sign of actual vomit.

HIU8
03-05-2012, 11:16 AM
And how I wish the parents at the bday party we attended yesterday actually understood that. They have 1 sick child. The child at the party (not the "sick" child-HAHAHAHA) threw up A LOT. It was in a small room right as cake was being served. The parents cleaned it up and then stayed and let the kid eat cake. So now, everyone has been exposed to what the "sick" sibling and now this kid have. My friend (who threw the party for her 2 kids) was not at all happy, but could not find a nice way to give them the goody bag and ask them to leave. I took my kids and left pretty quickly when it was apparent that the kid was sick (as did pretty much everyone else).

I don't understand how/why parents don't "get it".

WatchingThemGrow
03-05-2012, 11:18 AM
wow. that's really uncool.

DietCokeLover
03-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Wow, I can't even respond to that. What parent would keep their child there in that situation?!

wellyes
03-05-2012, 11:28 AM
I gotta say, you know some weird people!

Melaine
03-05-2012, 11:30 AM
What?! That is totally bizarre and rude.

vludmilla
03-05-2012, 11:42 AM

cuca_
03-05-2012, 11:47 AM
I can't believe they stayed! I had my DD2 throw up at a party -- not sickness related -- and we left immediately. In our case they had just eaten and were dancing in a dark room with strobe lights around and around. My DD has a very sensitive stomach and got sick. We cleaned up and left immediately offering our apologies to the hostess. I can't imagine staying there after such an incident! Especially if you know it is a stomach bug! People can be so inconsiderate!

TwinFoxes
03-05-2012, 11:49 AM

OMG, I was going to type this exact same thing!!!

ast96
03-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Um, leave. As fast as possible. With many apologies.

Gracemom
03-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Didn't anyone say anything? If I were the host, I'd say "I'm so sorry your child is sick. Here is the goody bag and can I help you to your car?" Unbelievable that they stayed! Hope no one else gets sick.

SnuggleBuggles
03-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Leave ASAP.

eta *however*, at a recent party I hosted, that happened. The kid got sick but they stayed a while longer because they wanted to gauge whether he'd make it the 40 minutes home w/o getting sick (they'd rather he stay in the bathroom at my house vs get sick in his car). I understood that. Really, the damage was already done before the kid threw up....germs everywhere. The germs aren't in the throw up. They were sick before. So, I'm not totally appalled that they (my party or yours) stayed.

crl
03-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Leave, leave, leave.

MamaMolly
03-05-2012, 01:12 PM
EEEEeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww.

Remember NOT to invite them to your kid's party! ;)

misshollygolightly
03-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Wow! Awful. And the poor kid probably felt like sh!t after vomiting and THEN eating cake? Who feeds their kid cake after he upchucks? Why not let him rest in privacy at home with some saltines and pedialyte?

karstmama
03-05-2012, 04:10 PM
well, the exposure has happened, the damage is done, but if it were me we'd leave.

deborah_r
03-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Did everyone really sit there eating cake with the smell of vomit wafting through the room? That would seriously have lessened my desire to eat cake!

mackmama
03-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Leave pronto.

Seitvonzu
03-05-2012, 04:42 PM
yikes. that is so gross. why would you GIVE YOUR KID CAKE after they threw up? :( that's terrible...but i do think the exposure was already there. for what its' worth, we were at a bouncy party where a kid got sick in the corner and i didn't hear about any other children getting sick after that. i was super glad we stayed healthy because we were heading out to disney the following week :)

DebbieJ
03-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Help clean up and then get the hell out of there.

smilequeen
03-05-2012, 05:03 PM
That's gross and inconsiderate and I would have left. But to be fair, the kids were all exposed even if they had left immediately.

cntrymoon2
03-05-2012, 05:18 PM
And how I wish the parents at the bday party we attended yesterday actually understood that. They have 1 sick child. The child at the party (not the "sick" child-HAHAHAHA) threw up A LOT. It was in a small room right as cake was being served. The parents cleaned it up and then stayed and let the kid eat cake. So now, everyone has been exposed to what the "sick" sibling and now this kid have. My friend (who threw the party for her 2 kids) was not at all happy, but could not find a nice way to give them the goody bag and ask them to leave. I took my kids and left pretty quickly when it was apparent that the kid was sick (as did pretty much everyone else).

That is really rude!!

niccig
03-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Didn't anyone say anything? If I were the host, I'd say "I'm so sorry your child is sick. Here is the goody bag and can I help you to your car?" Unbelievable that they stayed! Hope no one else gets sick.

Yes, that's what I would say...maybe...after the shock of "they're still here?" has worn off.

edurnemk
03-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Leave immediately.

Wow! Awful. And the poor kid probably felt like sh!t after vomiting and THEN eating cake? Who feeds their kid cake after he upchucks? Why not let him rest in privacy at home with some saltines and pedialyte?
and :yeahthat: Poor kid.

pastrygirl
03-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Seriously???! I can't believe some of the stories I read on here. Some parents are just clueless! LEAVE, right away!!

Corie
03-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Leave immediately!! That's a no-brained
for me.

MMMommy
03-05-2012, 07:22 PM
No question, absolutely leave. I would leave before the vomit, if my child expressed feeling even just nauseous. And I certainly would not stay and give a vomiting kid cake!

sunshine873
03-05-2012, 07:46 PM
That's a total no-brainer! I can't imagine someone sticking around after that period, not to mention allowing the kid to eat cake. What?

squimp
03-05-2012, 08:37 PM
I would have left myself because I have a really weak stomach. I could not stay in a small room where some kid vomited. Unbelieveable.

carolinamama
03-05-2012, 08:41 PM

I can't even imagine staying at a party after my kid got sick. That seems like a no-brainer for me.

ecofem
03-05-2012, 09:30 PM
I cannot believe that the kid was able to eat cake after barfing..... I guess I am a little surprised that anybody was able to eat cake after that!!!!

Momit
03-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Ick, ick, ick! I can't believe the person didn't take the kids and leave.

SummerBaby
03-05-2012, 10:17 PM
OMG!! I don't know what's worse here, not leaving immediately ( most kids barf more than once- did they want a multiple puke incident???). Or is it worse/ more mind boggling that they fed a vomiting child CAKE??? Asides from being bad for the poor child, didn't they worry about all that technicolor frosting being vomited all over the car on the ride home? I can't stop shaking my head over this one! I also feel really bad for the birthday child/parents!