PDA

View Full Version : Video Monitor Recommendations that don't cause WiFi issues

Sally12usa
03-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Hi,

Looking for help please with picking a new video baby monitor. We like our Summer Infant a lot but we can't use Wifi when we have the monitor on - it totally disables our wifi connection.

Looking for a two camera solution that doesn't interfere with Wifi.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions you have - thanks so much for your help!

masterchen
03-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Hi,

Looking for help please with picking a new video baby monitor. We like our Summer Infant a lot but we can't use Wifi when we have the monitor on - it totally disables our wifi connection.

Looking for a two camera solution that doesn't interfere with Wifi.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions you have - thanks so much for your help!

We went with an IPCamera instead of baby video monitors. Research Foscam FI8918W. You can place cameras anywhere you wish. Plus if you have a PC, iPhone or Nook Tablet you can view baby from anywhere. Yes it requires a little setup, but for at $80 (each camera) and more camera controls than baby vid. monitors i really think it was the best choice :D .

larig
03-05-2012, 02:32 PM
can you change the channel on your wifi router? our summer infant gave us some trouble, but changing the channel of our wifi helped a great deal.

larig
03-05-2012, 02:34 PM
We went with an IPCamera instead of baby video monitors. Research Foscam FI8918W. You can place cameras anywhere you wish. Plus if you have a PC, iPhone or Nook Tablet you can view baby from anywhere. Yes it requires a little setup, but for at $80 (each camera) and more camera controls than baby vid. monitors i really think it was the best choice :D .

I researched this a week ago when I thought our summer infant had died (just batteries, it turns out). The problem for me with the Foscam is that unless you have a PC and run explorer the audio is spotty at best (we're an apple house and the iPhone apps do not guarantee audio will work consistently). It seems like a great solution for video only, but that wouldn't wake me up, and I was going to have to buy a separate audio-only monitor.

Penny's Pappa
03-05-2012, 03:27 PM
can you change the channel on your wifi router? our summer infant gave us some trouble, but changing the channel of our wifi helped a great deal.

:yeahthat:

We have a Summer Infant Slim and Secure and we've never had a problem with our WiFi.

Sally12usa
03-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Thank you for your suggestions. Not looking for something as complicated as IP cams etc, really just need something to keep on my nightstand.

Turns out Summer Infant WiFI interference is a known issue - will see if I can figure out how to change the channel on the router...

Anyone have any luck with other brands and no wifi issues?

Thanks